Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Leisure Lakes – any good?
  • chunkychew
    Free Member

I’m looking at ordering something from Leisure Lakes. Anyone had any particularly good or bad experiences? What are delivery times usually like?

Thanks STW massive.

jaycmx1
    Free Member

they seem good to deal with but id say over priced and tight with discount.unless ive not dealt with them enough

Oxboy
    Free Member

My mate buys all his bikes from them, they aint the cheapest but imo they give good customer service. What are you thinking of buying from them?

chunkychew
    Free Member

MRP G2 slalom chainguide. Not the cheapest, but certainly not the most expensive either. The only place I have found that sells the gold boomerang version. I’ll ring round a few LBS in the morning, but if I can’t find one, I’ll go with LL unless anyone has any horror stories?

Oxboy
    Free Member

You should be fine with them, I’ve bought over the phone from them and also visited the Long Eaton shop and met one of the bosses at the Daventry branch, very sensible, professional outfit.
    good luck!

titaniumtit
    Free Member

” unless anyone has any horror stories? ”

Cue pretty much all of their customers then.

😈

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

i went the other day to get some Eston monkeybars and they were really good, had lots of stock and matched the cheapest price i could find online, i would highly recommend them.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I got my Prophet from them and… they advised incorrectly. I went back to buy a sealed headet for a 1point5 hframe and they sent me a basic FSA claiming it was the one. Never bought anything from them again since (2 years).
    BTW JE James weren’t any better sadly.

titaniumtit
    Free Member

”i went the other day to get some Eston monkeybars and they were really good, had lots of stock and matched the cheapest price i could find online, i would highly recommend them.”

How come, they wouldn’t let you return those easton bars even though they were the wrong rise for your bike.

Now your praising them, hmmm, interesting.

I haven’t used them for donkey’s years now due to shoddy mechanics, bad attitude and sky high prices above rrp btw.

Not good I’m affraid from a buyer’s perspective.

But then again, if it’s the only one you can find at a supposedly better price then who are we to stop you.

chunkychew
    Free Member

Hairy, what was the advice issue with the Prophet? Difference of opinion or incorrect information?

Mosey, Did you order/buy the wrong rise or did they send sell you different to what you’d asked for?

I can handle a difference of opinion, or me making a mistake when ordering, but I don’t want to be send anything other that exactly what I order…

grumm
    Free Member

Don’t get good vibes from the one in Lancaster – can’t quite put my finger on it but they don’t inspire confidence. Never bought owt from there apart from an inner tube though.

SigmaF
    Free Member

being objective, obviously…!!

I actually work the occasional day in my local LL……

How switched on they are I think is a function of the store itself….the online ordering is managed separately…….but, what I can say is that the guys in my shop know their onions, are always keen to help and the techs are superb…..

Whether or not you get a good price match is usually a function of the manager….

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Never had a problem with the Cheltenham branch and have had some cracking deals from them much better than anything on the net.Mind i dont go in there with a chip on my shoulder like a lot do and some from this site[stw]

nickc

Daventry branch is fine.

Goz
    Free Member

Only ever used the Cheltenham branch, never had a problem…always friendly and helpful..and always a fair price is paid..top shop.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I dint buy the original bars from Leisure Lakes it was Je James who wouldn’t let me at first, i bought the replacements from the Derby store, just a simple mix up.

WTF
    Free Member

Searched online found theres was cheapest.
    Paid for it and it arrived next day.
    Isnt that the way it should be ?

Not a single phone call was made btw.

HTH

Trampus
    Free Member

I’ve nowt but praise for their Lancaster branch. Always found them nothing but helpful, and supportive!

biscuitandpotato
    Free Member

Bought 3 bikes from the Bury branch and many parts / accessories along the way. Great service and attention, would definately recommend

iDrew
    Free Member

I have only used the Cheltenham branch – top blokes, knowledgeable and great service

johni
    Free Member

I’ve bought a bike from the Long Eaton shop a few years ago and they were good. Great service, some advice and allowed me to swap a few bits on a standard bike and to haggle a bit.

Other half bought a bike from LL in Preston a couple of years ago. Ordered a Medium Silver SC Juliana SL (base model) needed for a MTB holiday 3 months later. Advised of 6 week delivery time.

Bike eventually arrived 3 days before the trip. It was the correct size, wrong colour and wrong spec (better spec). They suggested she pay the difference and take the bike she didn’t order as it “wasn’t their fault”. After my in store “discussions”, we took the bike at the price agreed for the original spec, despite it being the wrong colour (very important to the other half) and got some free SPD pedals thrown in too. ;o)

Despite the hassle, I’ve always done quite well out of buying from LL. :o)

dooosuk
    Free Member

biscuitandpotato – Member

Bought 3 bikes from the Bury branch and many parts / accessories along the way. Great service and attention, would definately recommend

I had my brakes serviced at Bury LL and they forgot to put the pin back through the pads (which consequently fell out on the next ride). Never been back.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Leisure Lakes – any good?’ is closed to new replies.