Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Leigh Woods, Bristol. Easy to navigate round…? Worth a stop-off at…?
  • rustler
    Free Member

Visiting a customer tomorrow, south of Bristol.
    Thinking of taking the bike along & stopping off at Leigh Woods on the way back.
    Is it easy enough to navigate around…?
    Worth an hour or two of exploration…?

And before anyone suggests…Afan is 80 miles away so no, cant de-tour over there. Have 150 miles to travel home anyway, let alone the extra 50 from Afan.

MrAgreeable

Not easy to navigate, no! Your best best is to start at the entrance on North Road, head up the main track past the ranger’s hut, past the crocodile bench, turn left at the hole in the wall and then immediately right down the trail. The singletrack snakes in and out of the gravelled walking paths and can usually be picked up fairly easily after a crossing.

A lot of the trails over there are completely shagged and Ashton Court/50 Acre Wood would be a far better bet if you want a fun hour or two.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Agree with Antony, you’ll find bugger all of interest in LW unless you know where you’re looking. I’m a local of many years and I STILL need to be shown half the time…

SammyC
    Free Member

Its local trails for local people round here!!!! Some very good stuff in there (depending on your tastes of course) but as Gary and Ant say you’ll never find it without local knowledge.

richc
    Free Member

yep what they ^ said, lots of stuff in there but a bugger to link together for a good loop.

If you are limited for time, I would just do Ashton Court & 50 acre. If you have more time you can go in via North road and have an explore for an hour and then do the ashton court loop.

Driller
    Free Member

As Rich says, if you’re on limited time and want easy navigation then Ashton Court & 50 Acre should hit the spot.

Great riding there, props to the guts who do all that work, must get down and join you some time.

MrAgreeable

Driller, you’d be really welcome to get involved – click my name above for more info.

rustler
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.
    Have found some trail maps for the Timberland Trail & the bit in 50 acre Wood. Looks good.
    Cheers.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Leigh Woods, Bristol. Easy to navigate round…? Worth a stop-off at…?’ is closed to new replies.