Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Leigh Woods and Ashton Court – love it or hate it
  • mark90
    Free Member

I know there are mixed feelings about the new trails in LW and AC. This afternoon I had brief break from DIY duties and spent a very pleasant hour getting in a few laps round LW. It struck me how nice it was to have some easily accessible trails ‘on the door step’ that provided some nice dry fast rolling riding in todays sunshine. With the amount of rain we’ve had most places are understandably a bit wet at the moment. Great to be able to pop out for a quick hour blast and not to have to spend time cleaning afterwards.

Also good to see plenty of families out on bikes. All I encountered without exception were very good a pulling over to the side to let me past (I don’t get to pass many people but resisted the urge to shout ‘elite rider on your right’ 😆 ). Most actually rushing to pull over so they don’t hold anyone up, even though I tend to hang back and not pressure them.

Anyway I had a very pleasant hour and and glad of the new trails, even if some lament the lose of (some of) the old soggy natural trails 🙂

GaryLake
    Free Member

Love them, just nice to be able to ride locally in all weather and not totally fubar the bikes up…

monkeyboyjc

love them, rode down in hundred acre the other day and it just reminded me how crappy it used to be…

wavejumper
    Free Member

I like them becauase they’re close but I do think that they are designed with H&S in mind. You can’t get up any real speed because the corners are so tightly packed. I’m guessing they were designed this way to keep the speed down?

GaryLake
    Free Member

I like them becauase they’re close but I do think that they are designed with H&S in mind. You can’t get up any real speed because the corners are so tightly packed. I’m guessing they were designed this way to keep the speed down?

Keep at it. Check out some of the times people are doing on Strava!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well yes assuming you can lay some power down then you can take some corners at astonishing speed assuming you can throw your body around.

I think it makes a nice change from all the “natural” trails in the area, esp. in winter when it still offers a decent surface.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Leigh Woods and Ashton Court – love it or hate it’ is closed to new replies.