Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Legs
  • Murray

What do you wear when it’s cold but not too cold? Back in the day I’d have used my Ron Hills. Now I’m using my 20 year old Smelly Hellies under normal MTB short and liner but they’re coming to the end of their natural life.

geoffj

My finest Giant Haystacks fancy dress costume

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hair?

It’s either shorts or bib tights for me.

jon1973
    Free Member

3/4 length shorts all year round. Whatever the weather. 🙂

nickc

Sports Direct will sell you Ron Hills if that’s what you want Or any number of running tights for about a tenner.

Or you could go all fancy pants and get longs from Endura or a millions other cycle clothing companies TBH

thestabiliser
    Free Member

What would Leroy from Fame do?

jon1973
    Free Member

An impromptu dance probably.

lunge

I have something of a sliding scale, mainly because I’m a sad git who likes excuses to buy more kit. In order of coldest to warmest:
    Winter bibs with knee warmers underneath – This is a rare combo, worn once at -10
    Winter bibs
    3/4 unpadded Roubaix tights, normal bibs underneath – This may be the answer you’re looking for.
    Heavy bibs with knee warmers underneath
    Heavy bibs
    Summer bibs

To actually answer your question, try some 3/4 Roubaix bibs (with baggy’s over the top if you so desire), they are a good option for cool but not really cold conditions.

mogrim

To actually answer your question, try some 3/4 Roubaix bibs (with baggy’s over the top if you so desire), they are a good option for cool but not really cold conditions.

My vote goes for this, too. Although I don’t use baggys over the top.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I always wanted some non roubaix bib tights with a pad.But no one seemed to do them.Just use bib shorts and leg warmers now.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

3/4 length shorts all year round. Whatever the weather.

^^^ works for me. Has to be freakishly cold to force me to don underleggings

lunge

I always wanted some non roubaix bib tights with a pad.But no one seemed to do them.Just use bib shorts and leg warmers now.

Decathlon used to do these, I have a pair in fact, though they appear to have disappeared from their website. May be worth popping in.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Legs’ is closed to new replies.