Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,774 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • Cougar

Beamlet(5) and I have just been looking at your picks. He says “I want one”.

Recommended age on the box is 14+. You’ll have to build it and give it to him in nine years.

beamers

@Cougar

He’s very understanding for a 5 year old. I’d help him but we would both know that he was really helping me.

peterno51

I have just bought this because I’m ace and so worth it.

(Flicks hair and puts roller skates on)

Lego Mercedes truck thing

Edit: Coo, did I get the last one?

muppet4
    Free Member

Yay mine finally turned up today from being back ordered, keep muppet jnr entertained for a few hours

CountZero

All Lego makes many things, it’s what makes it Lego. Whether you’d want to mix up what is clearly a collector’s set with everything else is a matter of debate but it’s not a new thing. They did special edition models when I was little, they had a specific name I can’t remember now.

Yup – this is about a metre or so square, it’s in Salisbury Library, put together as a community project, 64,000-odd Lego bricks, took six or so hours with a 100-odd people working on it.

cloudnine
    Free Member

lego Star wars star destroyer..

FO SD

davosaurusrex

I like the creator buildings more than any other sets, I think they’re the best display models. Just finishing assembly square which I’ve been building since Saturday with my 7 year old boy. The detail on it is fantastic

peteimpreza

There is a very strong rumour suggesting a new UCS Millennium Falocn will be announced on 1st September.

https://brickset.com/article/30116/more-information-about-something-big!

sirromj

Will you people stop tempting me! Though OH is fairly on-board with the Technics Tractor.

Have you watched any of the designer videos for the creator expert sets? Ahh bless ’em.

ericemel
    Free Member

Damn I haven’t finished my 911 GT3 yet!!! I need this one too!

mogrim

I really shouldn’t have opened this thread 😆

tomhoward

Yeah I heard about the ucs MF, and it’s $8-900 price tag…

Which pales into insignificance compared to the last bit of Lego I bought. Pics when I get to work…

tomhoward

Cost of actual Lego pieces – < £8

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WHRq6U]Lego ring[/url] by tom howard, on Flickr

Consequential cost of giving it to soontobemrstomhoward – £xxxxx

Did get the BMW GS from her in return though, so not a total loss 🙂

mogrim

Consequential cost of giving it to soontobemrstomhoward – £xxxxx

Congratulations! I’d never have got away with that with mrsmogrim 😀

hedley
    Free Member

The Lego Saturn V is now on back order with shipping on 6th Sep.

Just bought mine.

zilog6128

I am the first to defend Lego’s pricing and have bought a fair few expensive sets but even I 😯 at that

Cool though!

peterno51

Take all my money, all of it, right now.

tomhoward

Mine first! 7500 pieces!!!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The last UCS Falcon was making 5.5k on Ebay.

I’ll be buying two then. 😀

stumpyjon

Yep my lego UCS collection has been appreciating value a lot faster than my pensions.

On a side note the kit is so big it won’t fit in the largest yellow carrier bag, apparently the box has wheels if the marketing is to be believed.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bP9__H_NO0A[/video]

Cougar

Hang on, I’d better clean that up.

Wookster

Cougar – Moderator
    Hang on, I’d better clean that up.

PMSL

Wow that’s so cool!!

Mr_C
    Free Member

The last UCS Falcon was making 5.5k on Ebay.

I’ll be buying two then.

The original UCS Falcon came out when Lego was much less popular than it is now so didn’t sell in vast numbers hence the reason it goes for so much now. I think many people are going to expect this to appreciate in the same way so it will be a big seller despite the price and for that very reason will not end being increasing in price in anything like the way the original did.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

The Red 5 X-wing has made about 300 percent profit in the 1.5 years since it ceased production…..

edd

The original UCS Falcon came out when Lego was much less popular than it is now so didn’t sell in vast numbers hence the reason it goes for so much now. I think many people are going to expect this to appreciate in the same way so it will be a big seller despite the price and for that very reason will not end being increasing in price in anything like the way the original did.

+1

bensales
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member
    The Red 5 X-wing has made about 300 percent profit in the 1.5 years since it ceased production…..

I paid 135 quid for mine from Argos in 2014.

It’s currently worth about 190, so I’m not going to be retiring on it.

https://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=10240-1

I’d love to buy the new Falcon, but the price is too mental even for me.

LMT
    Free Member

I’ve got “invested” in Lego a fair bit the last couple of years, the previous new ucs the snowspeeder is great, I’ve got a fair few sets, will def pick up the new bb8, but the falcon is massively out of my price range. Big birthday next year maybe a hint or 2….

Mr_C
    Free Member

Saw the new Millenium Falcon in the Lego store today. It’s huuuge, absolutely no idea where I could put this even if I did get one. Just another reason I probably won’t. (I will)

stumpyjon

I too have a space issue, it’s to big to go in the Billy bookcase display area, should make a nice centre piece for to the dining table.

tomhoward

Yeah just in the lego shop in Leeds now. It’s ridiculous…

Pics later 😉

tomhoward

[url=https://flic.kr/p/X73P7i]Waaaannnnttttt[/url] by tom howard, on Flickr

For scale, look at the size of the full size mini figures…

Mrstomhowardtobe has given sign off too, roll on 14/9!

LMT
    Free Member

I’m struggling to resist this but at the moment it’s difficult, I’ve also been looking at the old fishermans store which is a great little project.

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Old-Fishing-Store-21310

I might get Slave 1 as rumours are it’s going discontinued next year.

tomhoward

So my, admittedly rather specific, lego want of today is custom(ish) painted/printed lego men/women for a little project, 3 different designs (supplied by me), across 32 figures

Found a man (minifiguremania.com) on the internet who can do it, but would like to relieve me of £450 for the privilege 😯

Anybody know anyone else who may be able to help? Ideally in the £200 range?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Bad times guys, Fox decided to announce a limited run of Orange Race Edition Fox 36’s at the same time.

Look at them….just look….they’re **** bright orange….totally the excuse I needed to move up to 170mm on the front.

It was a close call between those and the Falcon however, I decided I’d be lovingly admiring and fawning over those forks more. 😆

As soon as it comes, I’m going to coil it with the PUSH conversion.

I need a higher paying job…I want that Falcon as well…..I mean I could…but wife….and the nagging doubt of the sensible part of my brain……why do nice things all come at once? I’ve spent the past year utterly devoid of any desire to spend my money on anything – the two inanimate objects that make me smile? An orange coloured fork and a plastic brick Millennium Falcon.

WHOOOOO!!!!

tomhoward

I never thought a £650 lego set would be the cheap option in any decision…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I have a major WANT of the UCS Falcon too, but the problem with the UCS falcon is that it is just too large and is basically a display item. I have a non UCS X-Wing and TIE fighter and must confess that when there is nobody else around I sometimes pick them up and have a mini dogfight in the lounge with them, complete with sound effects and key lines from the movies. One of my secret guilty pleasures. You couldn’t do that with this Falcon – even if I employed the kids muscle I can’t imagine it would be particularly stable when picked up, so it’s basically just a display item and like most people I’ve got nowhere I could display it.

Cougar

I can’t imagine it would be particularly stable when picked up

You say that but you might be surprised, Lego have always made robust models. I built up the Saturn V and was amazed at just how solid it is, there’s all manner of internal structural reinforcement going on. It’s a seriously clever design.

scuttler

Yeah thanks Cougar – Still wanting the Saturn V having failed to score one for my birthday in July but feel that I may now be a victim of the shop-bots (http://www.wired.co.uk/article/bots-buying-supreme-limited-edition-streetwear).

LATE EDIT!!! Mrs is at Meadowhall and I despondently asked her to check the Lego shop just in case they were expecting more in and…

Back-o-the-net!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 1,774 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.