• This topic has 1,765 replies, 225 voices, and was last updated 4 days ago by Rich_s.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,766 total)
  • Lego WANT of the Day
  • peterno51

The horror…

Not sure the t-Cut is going to buff this one…

(hadn’t realised how big this thing was, it’s only when the guys picks up the back half towards the end that its full size shows up)

tomhoward

Houston, this is tranquillity base. The eagle has landed!

Its pissing down with rain, what better reason to sack off riding and build a rocket this eve 😀

tomhoward

Just a thought, be cool if they did a crawler and launch tower…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bensales
    Free Member

Gave in an ordered. On back order until mid July, but that’s not a problem.

Biggest problem will be refraining from building it! I’m having a go at ‘investing’ in Lego.

SirHC

Owned: GT3, BMW GS (+ quite a few others from childhood)
    Want List: Merc Arocs, Claas Tractor

Porsche kept me busy for a week of evenings.

tomhoward

Biggest problem will be refraining from building it! I’m having a go at ‘investing’ in Lego.

My old landlord does that, buys boxes and boxes of boxes of kits and minifigures, when they are on offer in supermarkets or wherever, waits for them to be discontinued (could be years) then sells them.

You need a LOT of space to store it, landlord had 2 lockups and a 3 bed house literally almost full of it….

And don’t give up the day job…

Cougar

On back order until mid July

Where from, Lego directly?

I’m kicking myself for not ordering it from John Lewis when it was in, it didn’t occur to me but I’ve got £150 in gift vouchers that I don’t know what to do with and one of the retailers I can use them at is JL.

zilog6128

I’m kicking myself for not ordering it from John Lewis

Same, although I didn’t actually see it until it was already OOS!

No real point backordering IME, by the time they are back in stock they’ll be plenty judging by previous highly sought after sets e.g. Ghostbusters HQ. Plus there is the outside chance of some kind of promotion before then to get a bit more value out of it.

bensales
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member
    My old landlord does that, buys boxes and boxes of boxes of kits and minifigures, when they are on offer in supermarkets or wherever, waits for them to be discontinued (could be years) then sells them.

You need a LOT of space to store it, landlord had 2 lockups and a 3 bed house literally almost full of it….

And don’t give up the day job…

Oh, I’m not expecting anything massive from it, and I normally always buy Lego to build as I love the stuff. But because of what this is, I feel it may become a proper collectors item once it goes out of production.

Cougar – Moderator

Where from, Lego directly?

I’m kicking myself for not ordering it from John Lewis when it was in, it didn’t occur to me but I’ve got £150 in gift vouchers that I don’t know what to do with and one of the retailers I can use them at is JL.

Yes, online Lego store. I’m in no rush for it, and certainly not prepared to pay the 200-odd quid that filthy speculators are already asking on Amazon 🙂

tomhoward

Deeerrrr Deeerrrr…… Dun Dunnnnnn

She’s finished!

Decent build, bit fiddly in places, but good fun.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VBUrrD]Eagle has landed[/url] by tom howard, on Flickr

Cougar

That is truly awesome.

How long did the build take?

tomhoward

Couple of evenings, with mstomhoward assisting. As you can imagine, there’s a lot of repetition, building x4 of everything, so that was a help.

northernmatt

Going to have to get one of these. It’ll go nicely next to the boys City Space Shuttle.

Cougar

It’s back in stock at JL.

And they have one fewer in stock than they did five minutes ago. (-:

Cougar

Oh yeah, and I used the vouchers I got from work for ten years’ service, so it cost me £9.99.

kennyp
    Free Member

Been more than 40 years since I built anything from Lego, but I so so so much want one of these. The moon landings were one of the earliest things I remember. Made a huge impression on me.

Mentioned it to MrsKenny expecting a “Don’t even think about it” response when I mentioned the price. But amazingly she said yes. Now just need to find one in stock somewhere.

tomhoward

Oh yeah, and I used the vouchers I got from work for ten years’ service, so it cost me £9.99.

Not sure I’d go work somewhere for 10 years for the chance to buy some lego for a tenner, but each to their own…

Cougar

(-:

mikey74
    Free Member

I got absolutely zero for my 10th year anniversary, back in January, not even an acknowledgement. I’d have been delighted with a Lego Saturn V.

Cougar

Squee!

Hello, we’re pleased to let you know your order is on its way

Your order xxxxxx is due for delivery by Hermes within 5 working days from the date ordered.

Apparently the parcel is 2.48Kg. Surely to gods it’s not two kilos of Lego?! Cor.

mikey74
    Free Member

Pretty much: I carried the box across London, and home from the station.

There’s actually nothing inside the box, other than Lego and instructions. Not even any molded plastic trays. Just bags of Lego (yes, I know Lego is molded plastic

Cougar

Not even any molded plastic trays

What madness is this?!

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’d love this, been dropping hints for fathers day but was told ‘ yer no getting that rocket btw’ 😥

zilog6128

Not even any molded plastic trays.

can’t even remember the last Lego set that had these (or even if they’ve ever had them?) Fragile components like motors and, er, capes, are protected in individual cardboard boxes.

Cougar

(or even if they’ve ever had them?)

Every large set I’ve ever had has them. The smaller ones don’t.

Cougar

And… it’s here! Five working days’ delivery only took two days. I’m the envy of the office (well, the half that doesn’t think I’m nuts, anyway).

Northwind

The little command module with floats is just genius.

Cougar

I’m convinced the little extra bits are so they could tweak it to get the brick count to 1969 pieces.

peteimpreza

“I’m convinced the little extra bits are so they could tweak it to get the brick count to 1969 pieces. “

No they took pieces out of the blue stands to get the count down to 1969 .

Cougar

Oh, is that true? IDKT.

Cougar

I’ve just completed Stage 1, six bags in of the twelve. Time taken, maybe 2.5 hours so far.

Decent build, bit fiddly in places, but good fun.

I’m really enjoying it. There is an amount of repetition (which is to be expected when you’re basically building a bloody great cylinder) but there’s some absolutely genius bits of SNOT-tastic design to it.

jamj1974

Some mid-build pictures would be good Cougar!

Cougar

I’ve just finished. It’s HUGE!

I took pics as I went, I’ll post later.

Cougar

Build pics.

LEGO 21309 Apollo Saturn V build

There’s a few mistakes on the way, corrected after I took the photos and couldn’t be bothered to retake.

jamj1974

Thank you Cougar! Excellent stuff!

beamers

Nice work Cougar.

Beamlet(5) and I have just been looking at your picks. He says “I want one”.

He’s pushing on an open door there.

iamtheresurrection

My boys have just walked in with one as my Father’s Day pressie… Dead chuffed. 🙂

mikey74
    Free Member

You pay your children well 😯 😆

iamtheresurrection

^ The boys supplied the understanding of the need, my wife the cash… 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,766 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.