Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Lego time (place your morals to one side)
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

It’s Daily Mail Lego time on Saturday!!! LEGO!!!!

toppers3933
    Free Member

I love Lego. But nowhere near enough to buy that rag. I’ll save the money and buy a proper box of Lego ta.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up, will try and take advantage of this. Wonder if I can cut the coupon out at the till and leave the paper there…

40mpg

Had to drag my kids kicking and screaming out of the Lego shop in Cardiff last weekend. They’re 19 and 16 FFS!

I managed to conceal my excitement to some extent, although even my wife was impressed with the Death Star!

Lego rocks!

Harry_the_Spider

Last year I got the Lego and told them that they could keep the paper. The nice lady as Morrisons told me that I wasn’t the first to say that, then tossed the offending rag into an overflowing waste bin full of other discarded offending rags.

The way I see it is that I’m depriving the children of real Daily Mail readers of their Lego.

GregMay
    Free Member

No. Utterly refuse to by that hate filled waste of paper.

CountZero

You do realise that reading it isn’t obligatory, you can consider it a free paper supplied with a cheap Lego toy, and bin the paper, as others have done.

househusband

Lego is awesome; I’ve spent more on Lego Technic in my mid-40’s than I did as a child, even taking inflation into account!

In the same way that there’s a name for us when we ride road bikes in appropriate attire, MAMIL, there’s a name for us Lego freaks… AFOL – Adult Fans Of Lego.

GrahamS

Consider this: the Daily Mail have probably paid a lot of money to do this deal. If you buy the paper, don’t read it and take the Lego then you’ve effectively cost them money for no benefit to them. Winner!

monkeychild
    Free Member

I need the lego joker in my life.

igm

Hand the paper back to the newsagent after you cut the open out? Take scissors with you of course.

Drac

Ahhhh! The Star Wars one will really test my morals.

TimothyD
    Free Member

I always thought publications give away free stuff to boost sales?

That’s what always goes through my head when I read the MBUK strapline about being the UK’s biggest selling MTB magazine, or whatever it says along those lines when I buy it occasionally. Usually because I realise the free gift would come in handy.

Bez

Doesn’t matter what it cost them. If it wasn’t in the Daily Mail’s interest to give it away, they sure as hell wouldn’t be doing it. And I don’t like things that are in the Daily Mail’s interest.

DrJ

Doesn’t matter what it cost them. If it wasn’t in the Daily Mail’s interest to give it away, they sure as hell wouldn’t be doing it. And I don’t like things that are in the Daily Mail’s interest.

Isn’t the idea that they get you to buy the paper at a loss in the hope that you will say “gosh, this is actually an informative and stimulating newspaper, I think I will contact my local newsagent and arrange to purchase it on a regular basis.” Pretty sure that scenario will not play out in the J household.

iain1775
    Free Member

get the in laws to buy it for you….

natrix
    Free Member

Swallowed my principles bought the mail, then went to Toys R Us, only to find that they didn’t accept the vouchers, it’s WH Smiths only. 🙁

There’s no address to post your vouchers either 🙁

iain1775
    Free Member

WHSmiths and Morrisons this year

Stevet1
    Free Member

picked mine up at lunchtime, voucher filled out in WH smiths and paper left for ‘recycling’

maccruiskeen

You mean non of you are prepared to boycott all lego products because of their support for the Daily Mail?

(send all you boycotted lego to me and I’ll ensure its deposed of ethically – my Nephews birthday is fast approaching)

mrhoppy

I went in to smiths today and they’d sold all the mails, had to buy it from the Waitrose across the road. I had to explain why to try and avoid the shame #middleclasscrisis.

kerbdog
    Free Member

Has anyone noticed Lego being called “legos” by people lately?
    Seems to be an American thing, ticks me off big time for some reason.

anjs
    Free Member

Good tell me about it, just come back form visiting my SIL in the states.

househusband

Has anyone noticed Lego being called “legos” by people lately?

Yup. ‘Tis a tad annoying.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Our 5yr old has started referring to crisps as chips and his little sisters nappies as diapers. 🙄

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Lego time (place your morals to one side)’ is closed to new replies.