Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • LEGO Porsche. Anyone got one yet?
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

I have searched but cant find the other thread so apologies.

Has anyone got theirs yet? I ordered one about a month ago and got a email receipt this morning saying it has been dispatched.

I’m like a kid at christmas

mudshark
    Free Member

Mine came on Tuesday – you have a link to delivery? Mine came by Yodel – well packaged fortunately….

the-muffin-man

Mine came by Yodel – well packaged fortunately….

Yodel you say! Close-call that it arrived safely – it could have arrived all in bits!

andysredmini
    Free Member

I don’t have a link to delivery I don’t think just a dispatch date when I log onto check order status.

have you started building yet or finished?

nixie

Mine has been shipped but the yodel muppets appear unable to deliver it. Apparently they have tried twice and no one was in. Its an office ffs there is always someone in.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Yodel you say! Close-call that it arrived safely – it could have arrived all in bits!

Made me smile

mudshark
    Free Member

Boringly I’m planning to build it with my lego obsessed son when he’s older so will be waiting for a while – he’s only just 6.

nixie

I’ve been building lego train sets, stations and creator animals with my 4 yr old. Don’t think she is quite ready for the Porsche just yet though. Sure she will enjoy pushing at around the floor though (as she does with the other big technics models I’ve got).

bigdaddy

It’s the only item that will be on my Christmas list, so badly want one!

verses

Bit annoyed, mine came half finished…

Taken at Goodwood FOS the other weekend 🙂

revs1972
    Free Member

Yodel you say! Close-call that it arrived safely – it could have arrived all in BINS

FTFY

Notter
    Free Member

Mine was delivered yesterday morning, 24 hour delivery from Yodel from receiving the shipping email. The Lego shipping email should have the Yodel link on it somewhere?

Not started it as yet but wow it’s lovely!!!

Bream
    Free Member

WANT!

mudshark
    Free Member

They’re available on Ebay for a bit more than RRP but should be more on sale from Lego soon.

Bream
    Free Member

Like bigdaddy will be on the crimbo list.

Off to my annual pilgrimage to Legoland in Billund, Denmark in two weeks, can’t wait. Last year they had a full size X-wing display, twas proper awesome 😆

nixie

Finally got mine today :D. Really nicely presented, can’t wait to get on with building it. The manual is MASSIVE.

mudshark
    Free Member

Speed build:

[video]http://youtu.be/8kZDtSAso8M[/video]

vinnyeh

I’m put my name on the group buy list at pistonheads, probably won’t be until August we get them, but should be decent discount.

Cougar
    househusband

I’ve had mine on order for nearly a couple of weeks and was informed today that the delivery has been put back to early August. I’m happy to wait as long as I do get one then!

plus-one

Mine arrived last week … Still in box 😯 waiting on few days off to truly marvel at it and start build 8)

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Hmmm. technic though, innit. It’s not proper LEGO

Cougar

There’s always one.

spacemonkey

I’ve wanted to like it but just can’t. Look hideously ‘bitty’ IMO.

RobHilton
    Free Member

cheshirecat – Member

Made me smile

Doesn’t everything?

Bream
    Free Member

Just back from Lego Land 8)

They were on the shelf in the Billund shop but certainly not cheap 😯

tonyg2003

I’ve wanted to like it but just can’t. Look hideously ‘bitty’ IMO

I’m with spacemonkey here.

Just better looking lego models out there for me.

nixie

Its a very nice little model. Release 1st October I think.

tomhoward

So how did everyone get on with this? Mine is now sat on the dining table unbuilt, though I have a tortuous month of not starting it, as ifs a birthday present, and my birthday isn’t for another 26 days

andysredmini
    Free Member

Mine is on display in the lounge. It’s a brilliant Lego model to build and probably the best I have ever built. It’s a lot bigger than I expected too. Ignore any comments about it being bitty. It’s Lego for christs sake. People would moan if it wasn’t bitty and was made up of one-off curved parts. I think a lot of the moaning comes down to the fact that it’s expensive. Buy one!!!
    Edit: With all the nice packaging and the owners manual type instructions it feels like you are building something special.

oldschool

Edit: With all the nice packaging and the owners manual type instructions it feels like you are building something special.

I agree. The manual and packaging are something else.

Mine’s 75% done, another week…..

SludgeJudge

Mine’s still in the box in the study from Christmas. Think I’ll make a start on it this week – really looking forward to it! The last model I built was the Ferrari F40 which took a few evenings so it’s probably going to take me a couple of weeks I imagine…

MoreCashThanDash

Jnrs mate got the Porsche for Xmas. Looks nice. But not as nice as the Caterham I got….

m0rk
    Free Member

I picked up one from a friend unopened for £100.

So far I’ve opened it & looked at the book….. I need more free time

kiwijohn

Mine took a solid 5 evenings. It’s a piece of work.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I know I’m going to be flamed for this, but considering the body panels are just made for this model, it looks a bit of a mess to me. Not sure why, and maybe it looks better in the flesh? I’d still love the time to build one though.

MoreCashThanDash

I didn’t think I it looked better in the flesh. I appreciate it’s clever and all the rest, but just not good looking enough to justify that price tag to me.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘LEGO Porsche. Anyone got one yet?’ is closed to new replies.