Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lego fans- what vehicle for £20-£35?
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

Following on from someone else’s “what lego should I get to do over Christmas” thread I’ve decided that something to do with my sister in law on boxing day afternoon would be quite good fun.

Specifically I’m after a vehicle, but am open to other suggestions, between £20 and £35 that will take two people in their 20’s a couple of hours.

This is currently winning-

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Monster-Truck-42005?fromListing=listing

Any other good ideas? Second hand would be fine but nothing seems much cheaper used.

cyclebiker

Just bought one of these for my Dad, looks really good

Lego Bulldoser

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nemesis
    Free Member

I don’t reckon that any of the sets in that price range would take 2 hours unless you’re really pissed/rubbish at building…

anagallis_arvensis

weeksey…. my son needs to be older!!

weeksy

anagallis_arvensis – Member

weeksey…. my son needs to be older!!

Mine is, but he already has the Millenium Falcon for Xmas along with an X-Wing fighter… Add the Islabikes Beinn he’s got and about 40,000 other presents from the wife to him, I’m not sure he should get the KTM lol.

zilog6128

If you can stretch to £45 this is the best set around right now IMO http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Ghostbusters-Ecto-1-21108

Plus it looks good enough to display after you’ve built it or you could sell it on and not lose much.

munrobiker
    Free Member

God, I’d love that. I don’t think she’d get it though, Ghostbusters is before her time. The motorbike looks good.

Any opinions on the Architecture series?

rOcKeTdOg

something to do with my sister in law on boxing day afternoon would be quite good fun.

People of a filthy mind would take advantage of that sentence & also inevitably ask for pictures of said SiL. I however am of much higher morality

munrobiker
    Free Member

She’s, er, a larger girl…

anagallis_arvensis

but he I already has have the Millenium Falcon for Xmas

fixed

zilog6128

Any opinions on the Architecture series?

Most are really cleverly designed and they are great/interesting to look at, but they are very small and the piece count is low compared to other sets at similar prices so the building process is not going to take you very long. They aren’t great value IMO (rarely get discounted).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lego fans- what vehicle for £20-£35?’ is closed to new replies.