Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lego Discovery Manchester – Any good?
  • weare138
    Free Member

As above really… I got a four and a bit year old and a nearly three year old, they like their Lego but is there enough there to keep them occupied?

Cougar

I’ve only been in the shop. That’s free, and as cool as you’d expect a lego shop to be.

They have some sort of ‘Discovery tour’ or other which you’ve to pay for, I’m not wholly sure what that entails though, sorry.

larrystumbles
    Free Member

If you mean the one at the Trafford Centre then yes its worth a trip… took my 4 year old and 1 year old and they both loved it… got rides (albeit small), 3d cinema, lego models to play with…. worth the entrance fee in my view

Bregante

It’s okay but definitely not a full day out. I’d say probably 3 or 4 hrs at the absolute maximum. There are two short “rides”, although you can do them as many times as you wish. There’s a Lego model “North West” (Manchester, Blackpool, Liverpool etc). There’s a 4d cinema showing a few 10-15 minute films and the Lego race track area and some kids climbing frames etc.

My youngest (4) loves it. My daughter (8) soon gets bored.

HTH

theteaboy
    Free Member

My 2 year old was terrified by the Bob the Builder 3d film when (spoiler alert!) Spud crashes into the bird house.

Other than that, he had a great time!

It’s smaller than I’d expected and bloody busy in school holidays. At weekends I’d suggest going early in the day before the rush.

Worth doing if you get Tesco clubcard vouchers as you can get free entries.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

Not very big,kids(4,8 and 12) were bored after about two hours,worth going if you happen to be nearby and don’t expect much more than few hours out of it. The shop is brilliant though.

MoreCashThanDash

It’s only good for 2-3 hours but worth a visit. Not as good as Windsor, obviously.

Some random Lego related Googling yesterday revealed that the Brickish Society/Association or whatever they call themselves are having a show in Manchester later in the year – saw one of their shows in Leicester last year and there was some pretty impressive stuff there.

Anyway, me and MC Jnr will be busy most of this year building the T1 Camper Van that Santa brought us 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lego Discovery Manchester – Any good?’ is closed to new replies.