• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by m0rk.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Legal types please.
  • zippykona

On 7 April 2016 the panel resolved to intervene into the above-named practice of xxxxxc xc, , on the grounds that:xxxxxxxxxxxx

The panel was satisfied that there was reason to suspect dishonesty on the part of xxxxx in connection with his practice at xxxxx.
    The panel was also satisfied that there had been a failure by xxxx to comply with rules made by the SRA.
    Marion Vesey of Shacklocks LLP, St. Peter’s House, Bridge Street, Mansfield NG18 1AL (tel: 01623 423073), DX: 723580 Mansfield, has been appointed as the Society’s agent.

The first date of attendance was 8 April 2016.

Xxxxx has indicated that he may challenge.
    We have just been told that our solicitors have been closed down due to the above. As they are friends as well, we don’t want to contact them directly to see what’s up. So I will ask random strangers on the Internet.
    Obviously there’s little to go on but do they get closed for good, sent to the sin bin for a month or fined and told to carry on?

m0rk
    Free Member

http://www.sra.org.uk/consumers/solicitor-check/083085.article

failed to comply with the rules made by virtue of section 31, 32 or 37(2) of the Solicitors Act 1974. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/47/contents

Google fu

zippykona

Shit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    crankboy
    Free Member

The headlines are dishonestly and clients money. From what you post it is an intervention so nothing has as yet been proven but it is not a step lightly taken. Career ending and possibly if criminal liberty ending if proven . What ever you think of solicitors the SRA and the Courts come down at the very hard end of the spectrum where financial dishonesty is involved.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Sounds like a case of failure to keep the clients monies seperate from their own.

alanl
    Free Member

Hmm, not as bad as my Solicitor, who had sex with his lover in his office, spent loads on him, then started stealing Clients money to fund his wasteful spending.
    He then hired someone to kill his business partner, to claim on the life insurance (which he had increased), but was caught, but only after the business partner had been killed.
    The same Company in Mansfield, as above, have all my papers now if ever I need them.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/eastmidlands/news_and_publications/press_releases/two_men_convicted_of_the_murder_of_a_leicester_solicitor/

zippykona

In my opinion the person involved and his son are whiter than white. You couldn’t meet nicer people.
    If a member of his staff is responsible would they still be coming down so heavy?

m0rk
    Free Member

Probably wouldn’t have named him in the files if that was the case…. It’d have someone else’s name one assumes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Legal types please.’ is closed to new replies.