Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Legal types help please – Horrid executor
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

MiL aunt died 7 months ago (aunt wasn’t married no children) and left flat/money to her three nephew/niece
    MiL has a sister and other guy is their 1st cousin

1st cousin is the executor of the estate as is my MiL (but only if 1st cousin should die- so she has no say unless he died)

He is withholding information, has extended the lease on the flat without asking the other two, my understanding is that he should have had a chat with them regarding this.

MiL and sister emailed solicitor 3 days ago and today received an email from solicitor saying she is away till end of September and won’t answer questions till then – took 3 days to reply !

Something isn’t adding up he is being a complete see you next Tuesday to MiL won’t disclose any information

My question is do they have a right to see accounts etc just to check nothing underhand is going on ? can anything underhand go on will is split 3 ways.

The worst bit is he (executor) did nothing for the aunt whilst my 70 year old MiL ran around looking after her 95 year old aunt whilst trying to look after my cancererd FiL.

Thanks in advance

crankboy
    Free Member

Very old memory but beneficiaries do have a right to see the estate accounts and I think can apply to remove an executor but he would fight that and the costs would be born be the estate. On the other hand if he caused a loss he could be sued.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

My question is do they have a right to see accounts etc just to check nothing underhand is going on ?

No!

ASk on http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217

You’ll get the same number of answers as on here, but at least one of them will be right.
    Keep Pedaling…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Legal types help please – Horrid executor’ is closed to new replies.