Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Left Crank Arm (Square Taper) needed…..
  • redx

Does anyone know where I can get a left hand 175mm crank arm to fit a square taper BB from? Nothing flash, as it's for the commuter…..

Otherwise does anyone have any tips for keeping my current one securely on. It's had a couple of miles riden loose, so probably slightly worn. Tried Loctite 222 threadlocker, but this only lasts a couple of weeks. Currently wondering whether Loctite 638 would be any better….

Cheers,

Alex

mefty
    Free Member

St Johns Street Cylcles sometimes sell odd cranks

wors

i think i've got one in the garage, give me a sec

I have, but its 170mm

simondbarnes

Surely most LBS's stock a selection of LH square taper cranks?

coatesy
    Free Member

Got a few in Sunset, about £10-15 each, need to know orientation of square (looks like square, or diamond when crank is vertical).Tel 02920371321, or try LBS, most should have one.

redx

Mefty – Thanks for the pointer. Been looking on CRC and hadn't got around to looking elsewhere

Wors – Thanks for having a look

Simon – Fair point, but the only bike shops that are open when I go past are Halfords and a recently open Tredz. Halfords may be worth a punt, and I may give Tredz a go but I'm not holding out much hope….

On another note, if I ride with a loose crank arm, am I going to damage the axle? I thought that as the arm is made of a softer material, the axle wouldn't wear too much, but is my logic skewed?

Cheers,

Alex

69er
    Free Member

I have a 175mm XT crank arm somewhere. Let me know if you're still after one.

thumbie
    Free Member

…& I've got an old LX chainset 1991….let me know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Left Crank Arm (Square Taper) needed…..’ is closed to new replies.