Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Leek MTB
  • nbt

We’re off to Leek this weekend. Mrs NBT is desperate to ride. Anything in the area worth taking the bikes for? Anyone fancy a gentle bimble?

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I would have happily volunteered to take you out, but I’m away on hols. There are a couple of permissive bridleways around the Roaches and Gradbach and – within riding distance of that – some great, rocky off-road around 3 Shires Head. That’s all doable from Leek, but the first few miles will be on road. If you want some insight into the Roaches stuff, check out Peak District MTB and have a look at their proposals for developing MTB at the Roaches. It includes some maps of the ROW and the proposed ROW.

Sadly there’s not many good off-road rights of way from Leek itself, but that are plenty of canals and old railways to explore if you really do want to bimble.

Bunnyhop

Thanks stilltortoise.
    We know that area a bit. Having done a few Macclesfield forest rides, coming in from the other side.

jekkyl

Macc forest is just under 30 mins from Leek. Bakewell is also just 30 mins too along the Longnor Road. If you want some bimbling with kids the track up the side of Rudyard lake would suit.

Esme
    Free Member

There’s a pleasant bimble in the Churnet Valley, near Alton Towers. I’ll look out a route later, if you like.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Did you get out for a ride then? 🙂

Bunnyhop

No unfortunately not.

However we’re hoping to do this ride when (if) the trails dry out 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Leek MTB’ is closed to new replies.