• This topic has 16 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ton.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Leeds whats it like?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Been offered a job in Leeds so tell me why I should or shouldn’t take it. Thanks.

Daffy

It’s a little cold today.

Daffy

But more generally, it’s a nice place to live, and one of the most central places for biking. 1 hour in any direction and you’ve got some of the best trails England has to offer.

flyingmonkeycorps

I used to live in Leeds, and I miss it. It’s a great city.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Lived here 17 years and would never leave.

Great city, people, riding, restaurants, transport links, parks, close to the Dales and an hour from the Peaks.

Come for a weekend and bring your bike

withersea
    Free Member

Good transport, good city centre, easy to live within a reasonable distance of city and have riding on your doorstep. house prices reasonable, leeds city council ok, but carried away with christmas lights!

nice bunch of mtb people and shops as well.

Downside: football team, distance to coast and if you lived in the south it is a bit colder.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Can’t think of any downsides. I generally don’t like big cities but I love Leeds.

Most of the stuff has been covered off above with the exception of withersea who accidentally put the football team in his downsides 😉

My office is currently in Bradford but is meant to be relocating to Leeds this year sometime. Despite the increase in commuting costs/time I literally cannot wait.

ahwiles
    Free Member

its not sheffield, but it’s alright…

it’s a proper city*.

great biking.

(*in the opinion of this country bumpkin)

br
    Free Member

Can’t think of any downsides.

Really?

Gipton (insert one of a dozen 5h1t parts of Leeds) must’ve changed since I lived there…

crankboy
    Free Member

Leeds ls a city like any city it has some less salubrious areas which are prety obvious and easily avoided. Like any city center the night time drinking culture is a bit off . But it is a great place to live and work and well placed for easy access by car or bike or train to good countryside.

Also in my opinion a good range of entertainment and restaurants.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

More Third World than Chav World, these days…

anonymouse
    Free Member

S’alright I suppose.

djglover
    Free Member

Leeds summary

South Leeds = Dump
    City Centre = Dump
    North Leeds = Studentville / Dump
    Outer North Leeds = OK

5 of the top 20 most burgled postcodes are in Leeds

On the plus side, with the M1 and the station there are good transport links out

bearnecessities

Bugger.

bearnecessities

Moved here for work 5 years ago, great city in the main. I miss Bristol, Exeter etc, but that’s just my roots. I’ve known a lot worse. Plus elland road is easily accessible 🙂

Edit: pending salary, some lovely, commutable places to live on periphery.

billybuxton

Alternatively I have worked in Leeds for 8 years and commute from the Peak District, best of both worlds. 🙂

ton

city center is ace now, good bars and pubs, good food, good shopping, live music a plenty.
    the outer parts of the city are a bit crap, then after 5 miles it gets nice again.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Leeds whats it like?’ is closed to new replies.