Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Leeds > Peaks road/ cross route
  • theteaboy
    Free Member

I work in central Leeds and have to get to a stag weekend in Hathersage. I fancy riding there.

I’m happy with the southern end of the route – Strines or Snake – but does anyone know of any vaguely enjoyable, non-life threatening routes out of Leeds, probably towards Hud, on a road or cross bike?

thanks

woody2000

Sustrans Route 67 goes from Leeds to Sheff (and beyond) – worth a look?

http://www.sustrans.org.uk/what-we-do/national-cycle-network/route-numbering-system/route-67

ton

minor roads from leeds to horbury bridge at wakefield, or i know a nice offroad route from hunslet.
    then follow the calder/derwnet walk which takes you offroad to the ladybower pub.
    it is cheeky but it is nice. 30 miles from horbury bridge to the ladybower.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andycs

Ton, I live near Horbury Bridge, any chance you could E-mail details of that route andycs24@hotmail.com thanks.

theteaboy
    Free Member

Thanks for these. The Sustrans looks promising but a bit convoluted! I might use bits of it.

Thanks Ton. 30 cheeky miles?! I don’t really do cheeky tbh but will have a look at the map.

ton

Andy
    i will mail you a route.

unstableJ
    Free Member

if you’re thinking Strines to Snake already a half decent route to the top end of Stocksbridge is:

Osset, Horbury Bridge, Netherton, High Hoyland, Silkstone, Silkstone Common, Oxspring (or Thurgoland/Deepcar)

ridden this way from Leeds a few times, far from flat though 😈

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Leeds > Peaks road/ cross route’ is closed to new replies.