Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Leeds Cycle Super Highway so much worse than I ever expected.
  • marrv
    Free Member

Is any one on here seeing this project developing as they travel in and out of Leeds?
    Is it possible riding on parts of this are going to be worse than riding on the road? I think maybe yes.
    Is it possible drivers are going to give you grief for not riding on it when it is finished? For being, still in their way. I already got it from the guys building it as I rode past!

Joy.

STATO
    Free Member

Welcome to the world of segregated facilities.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Building a cycle path between Leeds and Bradford – what a wonderful idea. Someone had their rose tinted specs on when they signed off that little project… given that 99% of people lock their doors in their cars when doing that drive. I barely feel safe on the train!

bails

Welcome to the world of crap segregated facilities.

An important distinction.

D0NK

Welcome to the world of crap segregated facilities.

For balance there’s already plenty of crap none segregated infra too!

darthshearer
    Free Member

I cycle on bit of it everynow and then. The fact they deviated away from the plans wasnt a good thing. I.e originally the cars had to give way to the cyclists at junctions. Now its the other way around. So for one I shall stick to the road.

sheeps

DaveyBoyWonder – bit harsh.. I live along the route! Whilst the construction is going on, I’m avoiding it both on the bike and in the car – not enough space for bikes and too many queues in the car.

I agree with the CRAP segregated bit though… fine on the straight bit, but as soon as you get to a junction it looks like your going to be back fighting with the cars again – classic case of the ‘too hard light’ coming on! Confident cycles will hate it, and the novices are going to be given too much of a false sense of security – and then come a cropper being side-swiped by cars at junctions.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’ll wait till its fully complete before passing judgement.

firestarter
    Free Member

Its got some very dangerous bits near me. They have been better running a nice route from leeds to york

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Leeds Cycle Super Highway so much worse than I ever expected.’ is closed to new replies.