Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lee/Cragg quarries – an observation
  • muddydwarf
    Free Member

Out today to ride both of these built trails, got to watching the ever-so-nice people in the helicopter bringing in the stone, some good flying there!
    I really like what has been & continues to be built here, Lee just gets better & better whilst Cragg is just great fun to play on. The link route is looking like it’s going to be a great run down from Cragg to Lee, i suspect it’s going to be much, much more than a simple A-B route.

Such a pity then that a minority of muppets at Lee simply don’t understand that the one-way route markers are there for a reason.
    Coming into the 2nd set of berms on the red i was confronted by d!*kheads pushing their bikes back up the berms, avoided them then was faced with the absolute stupidity of their mates having laid their bloody bikes down ON THE BERM FACE!

If you want to ‘session’ something, **** off & do it where you’re not going to cause a bloody accident.

I really hope the powers-that-be don’t have to ‘investigate Lee because of the stupidity of some idiot causing an injury to someone!

…..and breathe…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

other trails are available 😉

trail centre’s seem to attract the type of rider who thinks the behavior noted above is normal

for amusement you can run a sweepstake on how long before certain things happen once the link trail is complete

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Didn’t notice that sort of idiocy at either Gisburn or Whinlatter last week though. Also a bunch of chavs on c@rp ‘tesco’ bikes going the wrong way around the red – sans helmets obviously.

Aye, the link will make some things inevitable – maybe a camera opportunity? 😆

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Also a bunch of chavs on c@rp ‘tesco’ bikes going the wrong way around the red – sans helmets obviously

helped by the clear and comprehensive signage around the place

half the “chavs” ride those bikes with a surprising high level of skill

helmets aren’t compulsory

Gisburn and Whinlatter are longer and larger, Lee Quarry and it’s condensed layout encourages those who aren’t out for lot’s of riding time. It also has lot’s of mtber’s who find the 500m ride up the hill onerous and want to park next to the gate and who then session the bits of the trail they want with no regard for other users. The “chav’s” on their Tesco bikes usually are friendlier and more considerate than a lot of other users.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

To be honest, the ones i saw today looked somewhat ‘dodgy’ to me, maybe i’m a bit suss but a bunch of scallies on rusty, badly maintained poor quality bikes just looked like people with dodgy motives.

Helmets aren’t compulsory but i wouldn’t like to ride there without one – lots of sharp rocks to fall on.

Most people of all persuasions are very friendly and considerate of others, just a minority of people who aren’t & can potentially spoil a day out with their thoughtlessness.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

the ones i saw today looked somewhat ‘dodgy’ to me, maybe i’m a bit suss but a bunch of scallies on rusty, badly maintained poor quality bikes just looked like people with dodgy motives.

are more likely to be locals riding what they have

if they were “dodgy” their rides would be better than yours

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lee/Cragg quarries – an observation’ is closed to new replies.