Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lee/Crag Quarry conditions (and up North alternatives)
  • Kahurangi

Some friends and I have been riding in the Dark Peak today, conditions were fun but not conducive towards getting a big ride in. Too much pushing through snow!

We’re wondering what conditions are like at Lee & Crag Quarry? It’s not the too far for us (2 of us heading back up North, others heading South).

Much snow up there? Haven’t ridden there before but I figured it’s worth checking out at some point!

Otherwise anyone have some suggestions for what’s rideable, not too far from Glossop/Manchester?

kirky72
    Free Member

How about Rivington. Once there easy enough to explore. Much of it is hard pack and not to bad when wet.

chorlton
    Free Member

When are you thinking of going to Lee/Cragg? We’ve had a lot of snow yesterday and whilst it has mostly melted in the valley bottom there is still quite a bit up top. North facing as well. I’ve been stuck in all day so not sure and looking out of the window’s no good. It’s dark.
    Think I might have a venture up tomorrow.

Kahurangi

If we go it’ll be arriving before lunch time. Might do. Best alternative might be Wharncliffe and Grenoside, but I’m imagining Wharncliffe is going to be a but of a slop fest.

MrSparkle

Point of order – it should always be written ‘Oop North’. Think on.

craig24
    Free Member

Another shout for Rivi, join up with surrounding areas and there’s plenty to go at for a big ride.

Great route posted up by grannyjone a while back –

https://www.strava.com/activities/361241856

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lee/Crag Quarry conditions (and up North alternatives)’ is closed to new replies.