Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Leeches
  • molgrips
    Free Member

My wife and kids have been finding loads of these on the way to school:

They are in the woods where there’s a tiny stream and currently a shitload of puddles and marshy bits, but no significant pond really. Could be a Horse Leech.

Anyone else finding these things? I’ve seen a couple of leeches before in larger water – foudn one in me after swimming in Lake Geneva but it was only about 3cm long and quite blobby.

jekkyl

you found one in you? which orifice? 😕

hebridean
    Free Member

That looks like a horse leech. These will attach to the inside the noses of cattle and horses as they drink and can be found in many wet areas and in puddles on farmland. Unlikely to attach to humans, although I did find one making its way up a seatpost after a very wet trip out once! Medicinal leeches are much less common, usually quite dark (although can be green or brown with a thin red stripe on the back. These are the ones that can attach themselves to humans. They can be 3-4 inches in length.

Jamie
    Free Member

– foudn one in me after swimming in Lake Geneva but it was only about 3cm long and quite blobby.

That wasn’t a leech.

loddrik
    Free Member

Luckily liverpool doesn’t appear to be a hotbed of leech activity. Thank ****!!!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

you found one in you?

ON!

No farmland or any animal bigger than a squirrel in the area this was found btw.

AlexSimon

fasthaggis

Luckily liverpool doesn’t appear to be a hotbed of leech activity

You say that ,but..

Drac

They’ll be moving around freely as the ground is so wet. Funnily enough we don’t have a huge amount up here too.

thepurist

I’ve seen littluns wriggling round in the lake at Swinley – that’s the lake that’s always there, not the ones that are there at the moment.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Leeches’ is closed to new replies.