Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lee Valley MTB
  • eskay

I have the day to kill on Sunday at Lee Valley, is it worth taking a MTB and riding the trails there?

bianchiboy
    Free Member

Yeah i reckon if you are not too far away.

I’ve been twice and managed to spend 2-3 hours there both times in the wet.

Bike wash & velodrome cafe for lunch too.

freeagent
    Free Member

Yeah, they are OK, worth a visit.

I’m sure someone will be along in a minute to point out you’re better off going to Whistler, but considering what they had to work with they’ve done a fair job.

dissonance

How are they mudwise?
    Given the horrendous mud in hertfordshire and how i normally get forced to the road bike be tempted to take a bimble down there.

windyg
    Free Member

If your nearby then yes worth a visit, it not somewhere worth going out the way for though.
    There are a few technical bits nothing really hard just some small drop offs and rock garden features all easily taken on a XC hardtail.
    It is pretty much hardgravel packed so ok in all weathers you might just get the odd puddles.
    If you’ve never been you can happily ride around the rest of the Olympic park and take a look at the Velodrome while your there.

Kryton57

Have you got a car? Its 30 mins to Hadleigh from there, bit of a bigger, more technical playing field.

eskay

Yes, have the car. One of the kids is in the velodrome all day so will be kicking my heels.

I took a road bike last time and rode out towards ongar (but the first few miles weren’t very enjoyable!)

matt_outandabout

I am at Lee Valley for three days work this summer – worth lugging a bike on the train down from Scotland for evening rides?

Kryton57

MOAB, I live not far away. If you want some interesting rides I can probably accommodate – road or MTB Herts/Essex/London. My emails in my profile, drop me a message nearer the time if you’d like.

matt_outandabout

Cheers Kryton – thread saved for before I am down in July.

eskay

Spent a couple of hours riding around Lee Valley yesterday, quite good fun, nothing particularly testing but was much more enjoyable than the road ride I did there a few months ago!

lucien

I spend a reasonable amount of time riding Lee Valley and Hadleigh and would recommend both. LV done at speed can be fun, and some opportunities to really test grip and nerve. A lot had been done to get the most from what’s there and easy to do loops or session parts (to get quicker and quicker

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lee Valley MTB’ is closed to new replies.