Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Lee Quarry – Travelllers in the car park?? (gypsy content)
  • olixmb4x
    Free Member

heard at the weekend there were travellers in the main car park at lee quarry, was thinking of a trip there later, just wondering if they are still there?

thanks

mafiafish
    Free Member

Think they were there last night too. a friend’s words were “Avoided picking up any mooty gold or a dag from the pikeys Irish Travellers at the bottom of the hill”.
    I’d not want to leave my car unattended with any valuables in but then I’m obviously massively prejudiced.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

They’ve been there in the past when the brownbacks race was on and there were no issues at all.

iolo
    Free Member

What difference will it make if they’re still there? They’re only looking for somewhere to camp for a few nights.
    They aren’t all bad you now. And they wont try to steal from, rape or eat you.
    If you start a conversation hey will answer in a dignified and intelligent mannor.
    Enjoy your ride and dont let this stop you.

lipseal
    Free Member

Can someone get me some pegs and lucky heather please.

Free Member

Well never had any like that be me,

highclimber
    Free Member

maybe they can tarmac the road up to the gate!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Never had any issue when I have left my car there , I do actually smile and talk to them / the kids though…this is where I may be going wrong.

I would suspect they are more likely to look after your car as any trouble, plod turns up and they are going to start think they did it anyway.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Spot who hasn’t ever had first hand experience with mucky gypos.

robbespierre
    Free Member

“maybe they can tarmac the road up to the gate!”
    😀

I used to have a liberal, understanding approach towards travellers – until I had to deal with them!
    Maybe they are not all bad and it’s only the ones you meet who are!?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

maybe they can tarmac the road up to the gate!

and carry on all the way up to the bowl….that start bloody kills me every time.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Spot who hasn’t ever had first hand experience with mucky gypos

Is that aimed at me?
    I could call some up on my phone right now if I wished to…can you ?
    You are right though , the ones I knew were not mucky 🙄
    Wonder how long till the thread gets closed now we have started with the gentle racism

binners

What difference will it make if they’re still there? They’re only looking for somewhere to camp for a few nights.
    They aren’t all bad you now. And they wont try to steal from, rape or eat you.

There speaks someone who’s never enjoyed the infinite delights of their company, first hand.

We had a lovely walk inthe countryside around home recently. The experience was only slightly spoiled by the piles of human shit all over the footpaths, and mountains of rubbish fly-tipped in all the local fields and rivers by those charming Romany traveler types.

When we got back we went for a pint at the local, It’d just been broken into. The police turned up and informed us to make sure we secure all gates and gardens, as thefts from outbuildings had gone ‘through the roof’ since our delightful new guests had arrived.

People don’t exactly love them, not just because of some sort of blind prejudice, but for some very sound, factual, evidence based reasons, that they tend to come away with when you actually encounter them in the flesh

Don’t be so naive!!!!

Mark

They’ve been served an eviction notice and will be moved on by the weekend.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

They’ve been served an eviction notice and will be moved on by the weekend.

there go the extra marshals.

deviant
    Free Member

Racism towards gypsies?….this one really annoys me as just about every gypsy i’ve met has looked the same as me….white, northern european etc….at which point did they become a different race?….if i sell my house and live in a caravan does my race change too?….exactly how many generations should live a traveller lifestyle before a family is entitled to change ‘race’ and call themselves gypsies?….cobblers.

Minority group?….yes, not a different race though….a black gypsy would be a different race to a white gypsy but gypsies together do not constitute a race of people.

I know, lets give homosexuals their own race too!

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Well, according to current laws, they are a separate ‘race’, but then that same law makes paedophiles (those that find pre-pubescent children sexuality attractive but have committed no offences) a separate race!

😯

Speshpaul

As a group (huge generalisation) i’v efound them to be at the polar extremes of the best and worst you can find in the general population.
    In my private life i have Traveller mates, and dealing with their mfamilies and mates i have found them to very honourable and honest.
    But with work the total opposite, all of the stuff mentioned above bu others. Dumping tonnes of asbestoes in one of our yrads was the worst, but at least it wasn’t in the street.
    Plus how hard can it be to dig a hole to shit in?

atlaz
    Free Member

We had a gypsy look after our car in Palermo, Sicily. Local policeman told us that it’s probably the best 5e we could have spent. Cheaper than the carpark and the parking wardens give the cars they’re looking after a wide berth. Apparently a guaranteed zero-crime zone as long as you weren’t a dick about the fact gypsies were running the parking scheme there or mouthed off to them.

Parents had some camped on the other side of their wall in France too. Really nice people but were treated like crap by a lot of the other locals.

Makes you wonder who the wrong-uns are really 😉

RichieBoy
    Free Member

Some gypsy traveller bastards stole my Enduro. So i’ll be staying well clear of them.

kevj
    Free Member

It is against my religion to pay taxes too….

robbespierre
    Free Member

“We had a gypsy look after our car in Palermo, Sicily. Local policeman told us that it’s probably the best 5e we could have spent. Cheaper than the carpark and the parking wardens give the cars they’re looking after a wide berth.”

I believe that is known as a protection racket!!

You probably met some really lovely mafia people as well? 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

People don’t exactly love them, not just because of some sort of blind prejudice, but for some very sound, factual, evidence based reasons, that they tend to come away with when you actually encounter them in the flesh

Don’t be so naive!!!!
    Perhaps crims in the areas up their activities because nice reasonable folk like you 🙄 will just blame the gypsies for every single crime that happens in the area…..and thankfully no one in a house commits crime and none happen when they are not there so it must be them ..iirc all criminal are gypsies.

but gypsies together do not constitute a race of people

Poor rant, it needed more caps locks and random swearing 3/10 Have you thought aboput googling those satements that you ended with a question mark as you may just learn something – HTH

but then that same law makes paedophiles (those that find pre-pubescent children sexuality attractive but have committed no offences) a separate race!

Are idiots who spout hyperbole a different race as you appear to be on different planet

olixmb4x
    Free Member

well i didnt really want to spark a debate about gypsys, only to see if there would be space to park a car!

but anyway, good news that they will be gone by the weekend

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Here comes the…..

Here comes the…..

Here comes the…..

Here comes the…..

Here comes the…..

BANHAMMER!

🙂

retro83
    Free Member

atlaz
    Free Member

I believe that is known as a protection racket!!

Well. Yes. However I can’t decide if paying someone not to screw your car over is better than paying for parking where there are great big signs saying “Not our fault if someone robs your car”.

funkrodent

Had a few experiences with gypsies/travellers/romanies. Some good, some bad. Certainly they have their share of fly-tippers and thieves, but then again, so do most council estates I’ve had the misfortune to live on over the years. So, are they any worse than your local scrote population? Probably not, they’re just more visible, that’s all.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

retro, that gif is superb! I can only begin to imagine how often that could/should be used on here!

xiphon
    Free Member

binners

Perhaps crimes in the areas up their activities because nice reasonable folk like you will just blame the gypsies for every single crime that happens in the area

Or perhaps there’s a more obvious explanation? Just a thought. I know your strongly held believes won’t allow you to countenance such a ‘Daily Mail’ explanation, but maybe you should give it a little thought, before dismissing it.

What you’re suggesting is that all the local ner-do-wells keep their heads down until a band of travelers turn up to act as a suitable scapegoat? Or perhaps the unsavoury, non-ethnic minority, less persecuted criminals follow them around, just far enough back so they’re not spotted, to take advantage of the rich pickings on offer. As Cantona would probably have it: like seagulls following the trawler, waiting for sardines to be thrown into the sea? 😀

And do they then go and poo everywhere just to make it look convincing?

takisawa2

Junkyard
    Free Member

Or perhaps there’s a more obvious explanation? Just a thought. I know your strongly held believes won’t allow you to countenance such a ‘Daily Mail’ explanation, but maybe you should give it a little thought, before dismissing it.

OK what is your evidence for your view beyod oh look a gypsy oh look a crime TADDA… we used to do this with the darkies iirc
    I am sure the reality is somewhere between our extremes
    I have been raided on more thN one occasion here and abroad [ ah the joys of being a traveller] by the police as we were responsible for all the crime in the area…. it was bollocks but it was what good folk like you thought. Couple of times they took my bikes despite the receipts as they were obvioulsy fake etc. Couple of times I never got them back so I stopped buying good bikes.

I did not leave a mess and for sure some do…however the fact that you cannot take a van into a municipal tip and the fact the council no longer provided sites/refuse points are also responsible factors in this.

many marginalised groups – chavs, poor black inner london yoofs etc can equally get tarred with this bruish.

As with all walks of life some of it is true and some of it hysteria.
    Nice use of Cantona it actually made sense

lowey

however the fact that you cannot take a van into a municipal tip and the fact the council no longer provided sites/refuse points are also responsible factors in this.

Hire a skip.

binners

Hire a skip.

Why should they? Its the duty of the local council to provide them with these facilities. After all, they pay their hard-earned taxes for this kind of thing…….

oh….

erm….

hang on a minute…..

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Junkyard – no, it wasn’t aimed at you sweetie…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

As a group (huge generalisation) i’v efound them to be at the polar extremes of the best and worst you can find in the general population.
    In my private life i have Traveller mates, and dealing with their mfamilies and mates i have found them to very honourable and honest.
    But with work the total opposite, all of the stuff mentioned above bu others. Dumping tonnes of asbestoes in one of our yrads was the worst, but at least it wasn’t in the street.

+1

Met some that work hard as anyone general labouring etc. but met others that are only out to steal gates etc.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

IME it’s nice to give the benefit of the doubt where possible..

Sadly my experience of travellers/gypsies/call them what you will amounts to 15 years of threats, violence, theft & intimidation..

I would stay away, but hey each to their own.

robbespierre
    Free Member

WRT the police.
    In my experience, the police discriminate in favourof travellers because of a fear of being accused of harassment/racism.

Travellers that I have had dealings with get away with things that any other person would be arrested for.

Normally I agree about giving the benefit of the doubt, but “100 times bitten, extremely forkin’ shy” as the saying might go.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

however the fact that you cannot take a van into a municipal tip and the fact the council no longer provided sites/refuse points are also responsible factors in this.

No. Your ****, your responsibility to sort it out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry – Travelllers in the car park?? (gypsy content)’ is closed to new replies.