Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • LEE QUARRY PLEASE HELP
  • watsontony
    Free Member

i have heard you can get upinto gragg quarry in waterfoot? and someone else even said you can get up on the hills on rawtenstall. can someone please help i want to ride it in the morning

Potdog
    Free Member

Might have a drive over myself tomorrow. Is it worth the trip from Leeds? Looks quite compact!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    watsontony
    Free Member

lee quarry is quite small bit its ment to extend over to gragg and then downinto either rawtenstall or waterfoot. cant find it on that pdf map file tho 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

?? the blue path on lee quarry is the route to cragg quarry

montylikesbeer

up the rooley moor road past alf kymes

philfive
    Free Member

When I haven’t been drinking I’d be happy to give you lots of directions to both quarry’s, you may need to work 12 hours

stevede
    Free Member

I head up that way a few times a year to visit my mum in waterfoot, if i was driving in rather than starting from my mums i’d head for the buck inn pub up in cowpe (take a right at the mini roundabout just after a closed down pub/hotel called the royal in waterfoot and head up the road towards cowpe), there’s a car park of kinds opposite the buck. Head up on the bridleway just before the buck and follow the penine bridleway and eventually you’ll come to the start of Cragg quarry. The climb from the buck is a toughie to start the day on (i often push the steeper bits) but you then head for half a lap of Cragg then at the far end of the trail (before you start coming back on yourself) briefly rejoin the pennine bridleway and look out for the new smooth fireroad down to Lee, this has little wedges to jump off to keep you midly amused as you flow your way down to Lee. As you near the end look out for tracks off to the right going slightly uphill and if you catch these you’ll come out at the top of the quarry and can join straight in to one of two good little runs (short rocky black or longer but excellent red).
    Lee quarry has plenty to keep you entertained and is just lots of short runs with helpfull maps and trail markings everwhere, play here as long as you like then retrace your steps back over to cragg to finish the loop (the second half is better than the first imo). Then, always my favourite part of the day – that steep, tricky, rocky, natural climb you started the day cursing is now yours to descend back to the Buck inn, load up the car and half a cheeky pint in the Buck. Job done.
    The majority of people seem to park at Lee and may possibly nip over to Cragg but i think it’s criminal not to do that descent down to the Buck.
    Hope this isn’t too late and hope it helps, let us know how you get on.

billysugger
    Free Member

This?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO09dqWy3U0&list=UUNwwrC0iO7EF1OLpNjrl4NA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

Rolled down it the other day.

aguesty1
    Free Member

Definitely worth the trip, I’ll be up there this morning as it’s my local place. If Im doing Cragg and Lee I ride from Edenfield, along Rochdale road then pick up the coal road up to the wind farm at the top bank left the follow the nice techy footpath. Past the reservoir on the left then bank up to the right onto the pennine Bridleway which leads you to the start of Cragg.

Mugboo

And if your Stevede, you’ll do the drop off onto the road at the bottom of the BW opp the car park 🙂

stevede
    Free Member

🙂

Potdog
    Free Member

Had a trip to Lee this afternoon. Had an hour or so spin around and enjoyed it, will be going back to take in Cragg too as soon as I can.

willber
    Free Member

I was up at Lee ths evening – only an hour from about 6:30. It’s flipping wet up there.

stevede
    Free Member

potdog – next time take in cragg along with lee in the order i directed in my first post, you can thank me later 8)
    Op – how was it? Did you get up there today?

aguesty1
    Free Member

Willber, not to brag but it was great on Sunday morning, nice and dry.

My only issue with Lee and it’s a small one; the weather is mostly gash and its so open that it can be horrendous with the wind. given that it’s my local I can forgive it!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘LEE QUARRY PLEASE HELP’ is closed to new replies.