Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lee Quarry, help me!
  • Simon

At the end of the new link from Lee Quarry to Crag Quarry which way do you turn at the Pennine bridleway for Crag?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Right.

The figure of eight of the Cragg track passes over the Byway. There isn’t a lot to indicate that this is what you’ve come for, so you need to keep you eyes open.

Simon

Cheers, I took a lucky guess and found it before your answer. It’s a bit sticky up there.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s probably improved it. It was loose over summer, it needs wetting through and packing down.

It’ll be fine when it dries out.

pixelmix
    Free Member

As a non-local, is the link from Lee Quarry to Cragg pretty easy to locate, and do-able without a map? Thinking of doing a quick blast round one lap of Lee, one lap of Cragg (and obviously the link in between) at some point in the next few days.

I’ve been round Lee once before, so have a hazy recollection of the layout.

Cheers

pixelmix
    Free Member

Bump

Andituk
    Free Member

Up to the clifftop section at Lee Quarry (after the skills area) on the redroute, and I believe the new link is on your left just before the trail turns right towards the pond.

Not ridden the new link so not sure where it comes out, but Cragg is obvious from the PBW, as it passes through it.

Simon

The link bridleway is off to your left when you get to the top of “The Ramp”
    When you hit the Pennine Bridleway head right down the hill.
    When you get to the fork head left, down the hill, Cragg Quarry is a few hundred metres along on your left, but is easy to miss!
    HTH

elaineanne
    Free Member

i thort there were new signs to be put in or did Tony Lund mention ‘blobs of paint on boulders’ to help find the way to cragg ?

pixelmix
    Free Member

Great, thanks folks. Will give it a bash soon.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Thanks again. Found the link easily enough and took the right turn thanks to the directions above. Really enjoyed Cragg, which is well signed when you get to into it. Seemed to flow better than Lee (for me anyway).

TonyL
    Free Member

I will be getting some proper signage up there soon. Hope you found your way round it all ok in the end. Did you enjoy the new track over the moor on the way back down?

Should be getting some new sections built in Lee and Cragg Quarry over the next two to three months. New pump track and some more black graded techy stuff in Lee and more red singletrack in cragg. Also hoping to get some beginers style trials sections in at Lee.

pixelmix
    Free Member

Really enjoyed it thanks Tony, and easy enough to find (as long as you know to turn right at the byway as stated above). The link will be great when it beds down a bit. Much better than a muddy bridleway. The jumps were a nice addition to keep things interesting on the way down.

It seemed fairly busy up at Cragg today. I only ride a couple of times a year in Lancs, so look forward to checking it out again later in the year. Think I’ll maybe do one lap of Lee and two of Cragg next time (did the other way round today).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry, help me!’ is closed to new replies.