Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lee Quarry drop offs
  • mbr30
    Free Member

There are three or four small drop offs which overlook one of the pump tracks at Lee Quarry. Has anyone done the largest of these? The one on the right. The run out is none existent and there is quite a large gap to clear also. If so how has it gone?! Bottled it yesterday as it just doesnt seem possible to land then make that berm.

Blower
    Free Member

it does work into the right hander,just have to hit it just right,i did it slow and fast both worked so just go for it.

daveh
    Free Member

Made such a mess of the small one I gave up. Discovered quite quickly afterwards that my forks were locked out, discovered when I got home that my maxle was loose!

lowey

The Guys in the Air Ambulance know all about them.

Blower
    Free Member

as they say start on the small uns and work up.. 🙂

mrh86

I’ve only been to Lee Quarry once and don’t know it I saw them/were there when I went. Interested to see some pictures if anyone cares to post some up…..?

mbr30
    Free Member

cheers. The smaller ones are more or less kerbs but it’s just that one on the end! if the run out was better i’d launch off it but you don’t seem to have anytime at all to brake and get into position.I’d end up on the pump track i think!

Blower
    Free Member

it does work,just close

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Is it here … 1:42 into the video ..?

lowey

No mate. They weren’t built when that was made. They only went in when they made the new pump track.

Junkyard
    Free Member

how does the man who sees no air know where they are 😉
    What bike you getting?

TonyL
    Free Member

These have been built for the BC xc team to practice on. Tight right hand turn after the drop is the difficult part! I have not ridden the largest one myself as all I can see is disaster! But I have seen quite a few attempt it some msking it look easy and effort less and some, well disaster and time to get the first aid kit out. Advice from those that can ride well (Rowan, Craig etc) seems to be to keep your speed right down, little more than walking speed and focus more on the turn than the drop. Best advice with a feature like this though I think is that if it looks a bit daunting make sure you can do the smaller drops perfectly every time before attempting the bigger one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry drop offs’ is closed to new replies.