Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Lee Quarry ,Brownbacks race today
  • project
    Free Member

Pictures up soon.

But first a big thank you to the Mountain Rescue guys and ladies,

The stewards/marshalls on what was a cold day,

The riders,

And not forgetting the local council,and Brownbacks Racing for such a well organised event.

Well worth the visit.

tthew

Yep, brillliant. Marshalling is a bit rubbish, (do it for my club's road races a few times a year) and the organisation is pretty efficient.

So, how did you do? Myself, better than last time, I think. Didn't fall off, and I believe I wasn't lapped, (well not by anyone in my class anyway!) Can't wait for the full results and photo's.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i hope you're not saying that the marshalling today was a bit rubbish…

dot
    Free Member

I thought the marshaling was dead good lots encouragement and seemed to be loads of 'em

tthew

No! Not at all. They are all very cheery, encouraging and good at pointing. Being a marshall is what is rubbish.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

well yeah, i was marshalling and to be honest if anyone did have a problem with any of the marshalling i'd like to think that they'd have brought it up at the race itself as there's such a friendly vibe about the brownbacks races that none of the organisers/marshals would have been dicks about it and we'd genuinely want to know so we could make sure things that needed addressing got worked on… i don't seriously believe that the post above did mean that today's marshalling was bad; just wanted to clarify really.

thanks for the kind words, but i'll say again what i've said after previous races- our 'job' is made so much easier by the awesome friendly atmosphere and the fantastic attitudes of ALL the riders at these races, so you lot deserve a huge thanks from us all.

twinklydave

The marshals were excellent, properly cheery and encouraging to everyone racing, top stuff!

Big shout out to the hecklers at the bottom of the climb too – some top banter going on
    "just do a really fast lap and you'll win"
    cheers guys, hadn't thought of that 😉

Oh and taa muchly to the organisers for getting all stressed out and knackered to make it all happen (and for letting me leave my stuff in the back of a car during the race)

tthew

Sorry xherbivorex, my bad. Perhaps I ought to do a marshall stint and take my turn at being chilly but cheerful next season!

project
    Free Member

Heres some pictures from today.

http://www.Bikeypaul@picasaweb.com

project
    Free Member

Linky may be working latter,also how do you upload pictures direct.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

I enjoy marshaling.
    the one thing i never get used to, is doing alot of car races – is being able to talk to the riders as they pass… normally the drivers dont hear you taking the mickey.

but big thanks to the riders – its a friendly atmosphere, and i never did that lap i promised the lass i would for her (rider 198 i think)

cp

project, your link should look more like this, but there aren't any pictures up there of the event yet

http://picasaweb.google.com/bikeypaul

once you've uploaded your pictures, go to the page with the piccie you want in picasa, then right click it, and if you're using firefox 'copy image location'. Internet Expolorer – right click, then properties, then highlight and copy the address field.

come back to STW, and in the post box, click the IMG button. Just paste the link (ctrl-v) into the box that pops up

job done 🙂

cp

great race and venue and mostly spot on organisation, but I froze on the start line waiting for the race to start 🙁

project
    Free Member

Heres some pictures of the the Ruthin MERIDA,and the Brownbacks race at Lee Quaary, On October 18 2009

http://ruthinmeridaseptember2009.fotopic.net/c1771529_1.html

Brownbacks
    Free Member

the delayed start was due to the numbers. There were around 135 starters which is significantly higher than the 90ish we are used to. The registation team worked their socks off and the start was delayed by 20 mins only

then the timing system decided to play games with us hence the delay in getting results out!

it's been a great rollercoaster of a year, 2010 dates will not be decided until Jan probably as we need to see where the big events are and also we may be running two race formats etc etc

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

"start was delayed by 20 mins only"

and then there was the confusion of the Ambulance turning up…

Brownbacks
    Free Member

apparently it was for a rider

he didn't request medical aid from us and phoned 999 direct from the car park, unfortunately the ambulance crew assumed he was in the quarry and had ambitions to drive right up into the bowl

fortunately they called him back and we realised that he was in the car park.

hope he is OK, we have not heard anything

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

not to worry.

woke me up when it came over the radio… then a bit of a chuckle as the mountain rescue confirmed they hadn't called for them. 🙂

cant wait for next years season. its nice when marshaling to have a lie in – race circuits are so inconsiderate in having sign on closing at 7:45 😆

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry ,Brownbacks race today’ is closed to new replies.