Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lee Quarry
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Anyone rode Lee Quarry this year? ,mite do it nxt sat so just wondered how wet it is..

richi
    Free Member

yep rode it, the drainage there is quite good tbf, but if it is raining on the day it quite hard work, its not muddy really its more you get tired very easily as when your pedalling up the main strip onto the red and black runs its like riding with your breaks on. It was fine today though

mafiafish
    Free Member

Generally drains pretty well, wind is the main problem up there, particularly on the red route around the top of the quarry. It’s been reasonably clear for a couple of days now so should be alrightish, maybe a few puddles here and there but that’s to be expected. There aren’t really any muddy bits.

crispo
    Free Member

I rode it today and was in really good nick!

There is the odd bit that is quite claggy, at the bottom of some of the swoops bits too, but generally very good considering how wet it’s been.

Make sure you link it in with Cragg, had forgotten how good it is up there. Personally I think I prefer Cragg to Lee.

reedspeed
    Free Member

Do you park at the pub in the middle of the quarry n the craggs ?.

eightyeight
    Free Member

Second what’s been said already. When wet the climbs are a bit harder, and there are a few puddles but it generally drains well.

I park at the bottom of Lee Quarry (next to the council building?).

richi
    Free Member

i was also up at cragg and not a fan at all, find it stupidly windy up there!!!! although i do love the track that kinda links them together with all the jumps on it, forgot just how much hight you can get when you are going fast, just abit of a trek up the hill

binners

You find it stupidly windy up there? Who’d have thunk it? I found that the wind turbines they erected all around it are a bit of a giveaway on that score 😉

Cragg’s great fun! Not least for the fact that you can pop it into the middle of a decent ride, whether you get Lee in or not. Some great trails around it in any direction

vickypea
    Free Member

Cragg quarry is your reward for riding up the hill from Lee to Cragg!

mafiafish
    Free Member

PRO tip: ride Crag quarry first if you’re doing both, works a lot better if you keep the speed up which can be hard if you’ve done a bit of riding in Lee quarry and ridden up to Cragg. Want to go back with my new, mincy 29er hartail which should suit it pretty well – great for training laps!

stevede
    Free Member

I find the best loop for me when I’m up that neck of the woods is to start at the buck, climb/push up to cragg, do half of cragg, head down to lee for a play for as long as you want to then head back to cragg, finish the second half of the loop then enjoy the best descent of the day dropping back down to the buck, quality.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry’ is closed to new replies.