Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Lee Quarry…….
  • waftycranker87
    Free Member

Funk me, how shit is Lee Quarry….

was there yesterday, not overly impressed.

DISCUSS……

<awaiting a complete slating>

speckledbob
    Free Member

Why didn’t you like it?

waftycranker87
    Free Member

its short, poorly way marked and absolutely zero flow IMO

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

did you ride over to Cragg while you was there?

philfive
    Free Member

can i say….. its not a trail center, more of a bike park

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

i do know what you mean tho waftycranker

waftycranker87
    Free Member

didn’t do cragg, didn’t have the time y.day
    is cragg any better?
    supprised i havn’t received 2 pages of abuse yet 😛

highclimber
    Free Member

Rather than relying on signposts to tell you the way, maybe you should go more than once before slating what is a very good venue, in my opinion.

That said, the amendments to the penultimate section aren’t as good as they were.

stumpyjon

Signage is being considered but as it’s not a traditional trail it’s not obvious how to sign it without making it more confusing. To be fair it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, personally I prefer Cragg Quarry, that does flow better.

waftycranker87
    Free Member

well surly the point of having somewhere signposted is that people who haven’t been before can ride it, enjoy it and come back again, won’t be in a rush to go back.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

i was a bit lost when i got there but its a great place none the less, Cragg quarry is a much more flowy loop.

wors

If you cant find your way around lee there’s on hope.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

while there is a “loop” there, and it is actually signposted (although granted, not as comprehensively as many trail centres!), the key to lee quarry is that, as philfive already said, it’s more of a bike park than a trail centre; that is, somewhere to play about a bit. it’s not for everyone though, obviously, and yeah cragg is more of a flowing trail than lee.

waftycranker87
    Free Member

“If you cant find your way around lee there’s on hope.”

on hope or NO hope?

wors

No hope. Obviously.

waftycranker87
    Free Member

just checking there wasn’t a secret map ‘on hope’ website 😛

RustyNissanPrairie

If you pedal up something and think “i bet this would be good if i rode it the opposite direction”, turn round.

If you meet a rider going the other way to you……….turn round.

R.A.R.A. Team leader.

brooess
    Free Member

Your loss I reckon. Personally I like what they’re trying to achieve and the reason why it’s different to your average trail centre…
    As said on the other thread and elsewhere hear, it’s a bike park/skills park/play place. Spend some regular days up there sessioning the different bits and pieces, hanging out and chatting to other riders will make a big difference to your day to day riding I reckon. I picked up a few tips on pumping just from chatting to a couple of lads who were riding the pump track much smoother than me. Had a few goes on the table tops and feel more confident on them now. And the berms, well…. big grins!
    But each to their own.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If you didn’t like Lee Quarry then don’t ever consider going to Stainburn.

stumpyjon

It’s actually the best part of a 10 mile run now if you do the red route at Lee, the lnik and Cragg.

Cragg still rocks, even better with the new bits in.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry…….’ is closed to new replies.