Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Lee Quarry
  • TonyL
    Free Member

New trail building is going well as are the repairs to some of the existing sections but the site is best avoided for a week or two as we need the trails to have a bit of time to drain and bed in. People riding them while they are still soft will result in a poor surface. Some sections are taped off please don’t go under, over around or through the tape it’s there to keep people off!

Couple of weeks and it should all be good to use (weather permiting) it will be worth the wait.

lord
    Free Member

new pump track looks ace , should be a bit more sheltered from the wind as well , seemed to be loads of building going on yesterday , cheers

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes thanks not that I go often but it is fun when i do
    Is there a nice jumps pratcice area?

lord
    Free Member

1 from yesterday

lord
    Free Member

and another

TonyL
    Free Member

Some new sections of trail going in at cragg quarry soon too. 😀

Stevie-G
    Free Member

Hi Tony have you any pictures of the new pump track. Is it bigger than the other one?? Can’t wait to ride it…

TonyL
    Free Member

I have a few pictures but it just looks like a big muddy mess at the moment so not really worth sharing. It is bigger than the existing one and will have lots of line choices on it and will offer more confident riders a bit of a step up and more options than the existing one. Be prepared to be shown up even more by the local kids though!

lesinge
    Free Member

That new part is a pump track!?!?!?! Was there today and looked to me as if it was going to be a 4x track, it looks as if it’s going to be sweet though whatever it is!

TonyL
    Free Member

It will all make sense when it’s finished Kev (Shaun) and Yanto (NikKi) the guys building it are really enthusiastic about it, they built the first one for us and it’s worked really well. This time we have given them a bigger area more time and the OK to make it more adventurous.
    If you want to see them in action have a look at these web sites
    http://video.mpora.com/watch/OWDgLsySi/
    http://www.back-on-track.org/movies.html

terrahawk
    Free Member

Where were you on Saturday Tony? You missed a classic Hit the North 😉

TonyL
    Free Member

Childcare and DIY got in the way, trying to build up the brownie points for some days out in the Lakes. Strange isn’t it man in his 40’s has to barter for time to ride bike!

Heard it was a good event though, glad it went well we need more stuff like that going on up here.

chris_mbuk
    Free Member

good to see more things happening tony 🙂 any bigger stuff going to take place?

RenagadeMarmalade
    Free Member

Sorry Tony this may have been asked before when the trails are been built or repaired would having volunteers be
    a) Helpful
    b) Allowed

It’s just that a few guys I know have expressed an interest in helping out.

TonyL
    Free Member

Volunteers would be welcome, we have set up a Pennine Mountian bike action group to try and co-ordinate volunteering at Gisburn, Healey Nab, Lee Quarry and a couple of new sites we are hoping to develop. Just getting insurance and training, tools,web site etc sorted out at the moment should be ready to launch in a month or two. There is a facebook group set up if you are interested. Will post more info on here once we are sorted out.

stumpyjon

The website’s at pmba.org.uk (or at least there will be in another 24 hours when I’ve finished uploading it). Still a work in progress but already has some info on it.

RenagadeMarmalade
    Free Member

Cheers for the info Tony and Stumpyjon i’ll cheak the website.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Lee Quarry’ is closed to new replies.