• This topic has 33 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Lee Nelson's "well good show" trailer… quick straw poll
  • ross980
    Free Member

I always thought trailers were supposed to encourage people to watch TV programmes (or at least present the show in a good light). However the trailer for the above TV show looks unbelievably sh**, even for BBC3 (and irritatingly the BBC seems to using every available opportunity to plug it)

Quick straw poll:

Is there anyone on here that's actually seen the show(or intends to)? Yes/No

nicko74

God no. Not only that, but even seeing the trailer has driven me to the very edge of harming myself and everyone around me.

ross980
    Free Member

nicko – Glad it's not just me!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Awful trailer but I stumbled across the show the other night trying to catch family guy.

Don't even think about watching it.

highclimber
    Free Member

old hat comedy. just not funny. playing on incorrect stereotypes of working class teenage boys. Ali G it is not!

Jamie
    Free Member

looks unbelievably sh**, even for BBC3

A damning indictment indeed!

Brother_Will
    Free Member

I woke up to discover it on my telly the other night, i felt violated and not in a good way.

fadda

Unquestionably not. Annoying fckwittery.

eth3er
    Free Member

I didn't mind it.

Kato

Saw a bit of it after Family Guy the other night. Don't bother, it's criminally bad

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

+1 Kato!

Family Guy = Funny, subversive and clever.

Lee Nelson? Well, it's not "well good", that's for sure. Still, not as unfunny as James Corden, who is as funny as a dose of the clap.

sc-xc

Is that the advert with someone dressed as a teenager knocking a door?

Didn't get it. On balance, I'd rather have a **** jehovas witness knock the door than that ****.

Tim
    Free Member

Trailer suggets the bloke doesnt realise Ali G ever existed (about 10 years ago)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Nothing a .303 couldn't sort out swiftly.

Which I would do with great pleasure.

Kato

I see a pattern developing here with BBC3. I'm waiting for Family Guy and there's a new 'comedy' on called Mongrels. It's SH1TE. You might think it's good if you think stuffed toys swearing is comedy genius

bassspine
    Free Member

the trailer made me determined not to watch it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Loved the trailer.

Show may have promise.

Comparisons with Ali G seem odd. I don't see the link bar the obvious Chav stuff.

momo

Oh good god no!

There seems to be a deluge of stageringly unfunny so called comedy around now.

BoardinBob

About as funny as rectal cancer

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Well I actually thought it was brilliant. No, hang on, I meant sh*t. It was sh*t.

bullheart
    Free Member

I'd rather eat a plate of my own sh!t.

In fact, I'm a man of my word. Give me ten minutes and I'll bake a loaf…

Tim
    Free Member

momo – Member

Oh good god no!

There seems to be a deluge of stageringly unfunny so called comedy around now.

I blame Ricky Gervais

coffeeking
    Free Member

Trailer has made me determined not to watch it, it looks horrific.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You might think it's good if you think stuffed toys swearing is comedy genius

Ever seen Pets?

No idea if it was ever on TV, but it was a podcast for ages, maybe its just me but it usualy had me pissing myself with laughter.

ocrider

Nothing a .303 couldn't sort out swiftly.

Acid house will destroy Lee Nelson? Cool.

tron
    Free Member

I watched an episode the other day. Mostly it wasn't great but there were some good bits – a mockumentary about holiday reps.

On youtube (Not in the least bit safe for work): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hLvmK6zBt8

rootes1

rubbish – liking the reruns of Bo! Selecta though…

RealMan
    Free Member

Advert is awful, but I watched it with some mates (not really my choice) when I was quite drunk, and I thought it wasn't that bad.

dan74
    Free Member

It's qualiteeeee

Haze

Started to watch it after Family Guy, just out of curiosity.

Didn't stay on for very long, even the gf said she was disappointed in me…which considering some of the crap she watches put me firmly in my place 😕

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Awful. I've tuned in a couple of times. Never lasted long, not funny, not clever.

Ali G was a different era and a different young social strata, it was also in a different league entirely.

Olly
    Free Member

Im doing some STW research to avoid work.
    taking one for the team.

16 mins into it: this is AWWWFUL!!!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I actually thought the stand-up audience interaction was okay, but the rest of the show was dire.

I was also waiting for family guy!

DezB
    Free Member

It's qualiteeeee
    😆

You know, I wasn't expecting much from the trailer, but the first part, where he was bantering with the audience actually had me in tears (of laughter).
    Saying that boy's Dad had "f__ed loads of people" was damn funny.

The rest of the show was disappointing, but I'll watch again.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Lee Nelson's "well good show" trailer… quick straw poll’ is closed to new replies.