Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • lee and grag quarry
  • ben10
    Free Member

Hi all Im off up to lee quarry early Sunday morning and were thinking about going to grag guarry been told I can do crag frist then come down though lee any know were we get up to crag been told Iits somewhere in stacksteads

muddydwarf
    Free Member

You could come up the Rochdale side and park at Catley Lane Head & ride up Rooley Moor to Crag Quarry, do the loop and then drop down to Lee. Either side will mean a tough pull up to Crag but IMO Rooley Moor is easier.
    Either way will mean riding back up from Lee to Crag before dropping back to the car.

Northwind

It’s supposed to be signposted from Lee. But when I was there, even Lee wasn’t signposted from Lee, I couldn’t find the black so I’d rate my odds of finding Cragg approximately a hundred to none 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LapSteel
    Free Member

Go up blackwood road in stacksteads, at the top turn left and keep going uphill, go through the gate and then carry on till the road forks, take the right fork up to cragg quarry

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’d just do Lee > Cragg > Lee. That means you have the mother of all descents back to the car at Bacup.

mcnultycop

As above, first half of Lee, over to Cragg and do one lap, then back down the link road then Lee’s final descent, then I’d ride back up (push) and do the final descent again.

patriotpro
    Free Member

That’s the first time ever I have come across any descent at Lee Quarry being described

as the mother of all descents

😯

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘lee and grag quarry’ is closed to new replies.