Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Lee and cragg quarry anyone? Don't bother, what a load of spaff!!
  • jonrambo
    Free Member

Went up there other day cos ad heard bout all hype!! Never bin as bored in me life, seems a lot of stw lot love it for some reason, could i sue em for boredom? 💡 😆 anyways this is just my opinion, thought id share it wi u all, thinkin of goin? Dont bother, stay at home an watch cricket or sumat! 😆

Bregante

So we’d be better off without it in your humble opinion?

Edit: oh I remember you now 🙄

sefton
    Free Member

do you ride a 5?

pixelmix
    Free Member

This is good news. Lee/Cragg are 30mins drive away from my wife’s parents, so I nip along for a quick blast when we are visiting. Next time I go I won’t need to put up with Jon Rambo’s whining and trolling, since he won’t be there. More space on the trails for me. 🙂

sefton
    Free Member

dont tell me ….it has no flow 🙄

AdeC
    Free Member

Good Lord man, you can’t even type a sentence without spelling mistakes. You come across as a total fool. But thanks for informing us you won’t be on the trail in future. One less tool to avoid.

loddrik
    Free Member

I might give it a try now..

lowey

What’s spaff ?

nickf
    Free Member

Went up there other day cos ad heard bout all hype!! Never bin as bored in me life, seems a lot of stw lot love it for some reason, could i sue em for boredom? anyways this is just my opinion, thought id share it wi u all, thinkin of goin? Dont bother, stay at home an watch cricket or sumat!

I put it through Goole translate and it gave me this:

Was there another day cos heard bout all the advertising hype! Never bin then bored for my days, shows a great love of STW for the life, I could summon Added to boredom? anyways it is the thoughts of just one, thought id share that you already wi, thinkin of goin? Do Not Disturb, stay home and watch cricket or sumat!

Can anyone tell me the original language so I can translate it properly?

Bregante

I put it through Goole translate and it gave me this:

Is that so people who live near Scunthorpe can read it? 🙂

winterfold
    Free Member

Topic choice – good
    Spelling, punctuation, grammar – all suitably poor
    Use of smilies – excellent

While considered in parts the effort should succeed somehow the overall effect is one of ‘obvious troll is obvious’ and we feel the student must try harder.

binners

Thank you jon rambo for your invaluable contribution to the debate. Really. I found your argument well-thought-through and immaculately reasoned. Once you reached your conclusions, you then communicated them clearly and concisely to a rapt audience, utlising all the wit and intelligence that will no doubt be lauded through the generations.

Have you considered a career in journalism? Surely its a crime to deny the nation more literary gems of this ilk?

JonR
    Free Member

I had exactly the same experience with the Alps. Everybody on here raves about them but they were just dull. No flow in the trails, constant having to stop start because of obsticles and nobody their spoke the queen’s. I’m suprised I didn’t nod off on my bike.

highclimber
    Free Member

I knew there was something wrong with it! I didn’t have Rambo’s insight thus rendering me incapable of making my own decisions!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention and I shall now dutifully forget going there in the future!

jonrambo
    Free Member

Soz bout me spelin! Dude yer rite i has a 5! Peaches- Ride off?? 😆
    I aint no troll, just tryin t save sum folks sum petrol money and valuable time! Jeez!!! 🙄

stevemtb
    Free Member

Quick look back over Mr Rambo’s thread history shows exactly how much attention to pay to this.

If someone has gone to the effort of creating an alter-ego just to post such stupidly poor attempts at trolling I actually feel sorry for them.

P!ss poor effort….

ton

shabba………..b’gos…………. 😆

rangerbill

“what a load of Spaff!”

T-shirt for the weekender anyone?

stumpyjon

I’ve heard the quarries referred to as all sorts and they’re not everyone’s ideal riding but I’m beginning to wonder if Mr Rambo actually left the carpark at Future’s Park…..

Apparenty British Cycling don’t know what they’re doing then as some of it’s been designed to suit them for training top riders, must be for that well know Olympic Cycling discipline, the canal towpath.

winterfold
    Free Member

rangerbill – I would consult urban dictionary before wearing that t-shirt round your mum’s

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spaff%27n%27pabb

rangerbill

LOL even better (note to self dont wear round at Grans house)

jonrambo
    Free Member

Thanks 4 yer kind words stevemtb 😆

elaineanne
    Free Member

maybe you should have joined us on the Mary Towneley loop then : 47 miles…we actualy by- passed cragg quarry on the loop i wanted to take a detour whilst i was there…..lol..
    why do you find the quarrys boring ? they are better on bone dry days when you can really get going….only we have typical british summer weather up ere… 😉 i quite like cragg quarry.. small but nice zippy singletrack stuff…xc trail stuff
    *here it is for people who havent been there yet….

elaineanne
    Free Member

Rowen thinks its great anyway ! and so do i…. :mrgreen:

jonrambo
    Free Member

Just not my cup of tea elaine! You know its not good when you find the best part of it being a fireroad coming back down from cragg to lee, very dissapointed! Think i’ll stick to building my own secret tracks down peaks 😆

GavinB

‘Fireroad’?

What, there’s a forest up there now? Oh, you mean the PBW, or else the new linking track?

Yup, think you should probably stick to making your own little mud pies from now on.

Lee and Cragg Quarry are excellent examples of what can be created out of pretty much nothing, and yet provide good riding for a huge range of riders from guys looking to the Olympics, to weekend warriors to guys and gals just enjoying getting out on a bike.

And as for your grammar, dear, dear.

Brycey
    Free Member

Evening Gav.

Do you venture up there much? I rediscovered the place on Saturday after not being there for a year or so; bloody loving it. Twenty five minutes from the house and ideal for a quick blast after work. I reckon they’ve done a sterling job considering what they had to work with.

GavinB

Hey Robert, glad you’re enjoying it. Been up there a couple of times in the last 6 months, last time being with a group of friends staying for the weekend. It’s a good laugh and really hard work if you want to go ‘heart and lungs’ on all the climbs, or else equally hard if you want to try to style it around the pump tracks or skills areas. I find it really hard to get bored around there.

When you off to AdH???? Could meet mid-week evening sometime for a blast round there before you go?

globalti
    Free Member

I think what Jon is saying is that he’d rather be out exploring the mountains on his mountain bike than flogging around a quarry on artificial trails. Having spent the last 23 years carrying my bike up then riding it down mountains I would agree with him; I’ve tried a couple of trail centres and after the first couple of miles I’ve got bored and ended up heading out into the yonder. For me mountain vs. trail is like the difference between skinny dipping in a burn vs. swimming pool or ski touring vs. piste.

Still, for a couple of hours of fun after work with no need to travel far or carry outdoor kit, Lee Quarry and its ilk are ideal.

(I used to drive my Land Rover around that quarry before they sanitised it; there was more than one occasion when I scared myself to death on some of the slopes.)

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I have a t-shirt with spaff on it. Fortunately my mum doesn’t have urban dictionary.

MartinGT
    Free Member

You say its boring and then say watch cricket? Haha you make me larf!

stevemtb
    Free Member

Thanks 4 yer kind words stevemtb

IF you happen to be serious, which I doubt, at least explain in your OP why you think that. I’ve never ridden there but when someone comes on and slags a trail that tends to get decent reviews I’d expect them to let us know why they think that.

Your post basically seemed to pick something that most people like and slate it (especially comparing it to the most boring thing in the world – cricket), ie trolling.

If I’m wrong I apologise.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Please stop crediting ron dumbo (or whatever his username is) and their irrelevant threads with attention. Thankyou.

JonR
    Free Member

I have a t-shirt with spaff on it. Fortunately my mum doesn’t have urban dictionary.

So do I, thankfully I have a washing machine.

winterfold
    Free Member

😆

PJM1974
    Free Member

I love riding Lee Quarry on my Marin whilst wearing tight lycra and leg armour.

jonrambo
    Free Member

Stevemtb- lee quarry borin? Cricket borin? 💡 😆 yep ad rather watch paint dry than ride round that pile o spaff!! Tell u wot spaff is, check out da new patriot then yul find it in ya pants bgos!!! 😆

lowey

Its Richard Vine.

elaineanne
    Free Member

that track coming down from cragg to lee quarry-you call a fire-road(lol)…did you notice the many random boulders dotted allon the downhill (they are fro jumping off…. i flew down that track and jumped off every boulder ( coolio…
    😉

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Lee and cragg quarry anyone? Don't bother, what a load of spaff!!’ is closed to new replies.