Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • LED downlighters
  • johndoh
    Free Member

I know it’s been done but I can’t find the link – looking to buy some LED GU10s for the house, can anyone recommend good ones/reliable interweb shop?

Cheers

Mark

I’ve just installed 9 in our house. From Ikea. Easy to install and the LED bulbs are cheap AND give the best spread of any I’ve come across so far.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

I used 4w Phillips corepro, very warm white, from LEDHUT to replace 35w GU10s in kitchen.
    I’m impressed, both with brightness and colour.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ive used about 20 Megman 6w’s warm whites. £10 each ish.

About 1yr in now. Saved us a fortune so far ie approx £400 in 1 year. Would use them anywhere apart from a lounge or bedroom as light is too white for those areas, but perfect for every where else.

Trouble is most on here have to plump for one brand or another so have no idea if others are any good/look ok.

I think there a few people on here who do it for a proffesion, and they always recommend the more expensive ones over ebay jobs etc.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The Ikea GU10’s (LEDARE) only have a 36 degree beam which is quite spot like.

sharkbait
    Free Member

LEDHUT
    I’ve just installed about 50 of these – I can’t tell the difference between these and 50w halogens – other than the 60 deg angle which is great.
    Pricey but come with a 5 year warranty.

ebygomm
    Free Member

We have Philips warm whites which we are very pleased with. They were on 3 for 2 in Tesco the other week, don’t know whether that is still the case.

globalti
    Free Member

As an experiment I replaced three 50w 12v halogens for 5w 240v LEDs from LEDHUT and we are deeply disappointed, not only are they dimmer (OK, I should have ordered 7w) but the colour is a horrible pinkish orange, which we really dislike.

I’m putting the 12v bulbs and trannies back in this week.

johndoh
    Free Member

Cheers, just ordered these

http://www.ledhut.co.uk/spot-lights/gu10-led-bulbs/gu10-led-smd-bulb-360-lumens-60-watt-equiv-24-x-5050-smd-chips.html

A mix of warm and cool light (cool ones for new en-suite, rest for other places in the house).

johndoh
    Free Member

globalati – LED Hut have a return policy so you could have sent them back

TrekEX8
    Free Member

FunkyDunc, £400/year? You sure??

sharkbait
    Free Member

Johndoh – will be interesting to see how you find those.

arcing
    Free Member

LedHut are very good in my experience. I’ve struggled to find GU10 LEDs that looked right in my Kitchen. They’ve always taken them back with no issues. I’m trying again, and should have some waiting for me when I get home. Great discounts as well, I used a 25% discount code and got 20% cashback through Quidco.

I’ve just bought the same as sharkbait

johndoh
    Free Member

Arse – forgot about Quidco 👿

johndoh
    Free Member

I’ll try to remember to report back….

sharkbait
    Free Member

Arse – forgot about Quidco

+1
    🙁

ajc
    Free Member

It is very easy to set up a trade account for good discounts too.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Trek – Yep the majority are in the cellar where are kitchen, utility, and snug/games room are, hence where we spend a lot time.

Of course the change of bulbs did coincide with moving from BG to Ovo (or whatever its called) for our electric 🙂

arcing
    Free Member

The warm white Lumilife bulbs arrived today from LEDHUT and they’re spot on. I’ve been very picky about the quality of light, and these are actually better than the halogens I’ve replaced. Now to buy three more for the bathroom.

rob2
    Free Member

Saw this post and ordered some lights which arrived today. Very pleased. We had 18 halogen spot lights so hopeful we’ll save some money

johndoh
    Free Member

Just fitted mine – fingers still burning from taking out a too hot halogen.

The cool ones will take a little getting used to (light is very different) but instant on and very bright. The one warm one I have fitted is almost indiscernible from the halogen it replaced.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘LED downlighters’ is closed to new replies.