Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • LED car lights – H1/H4 retrofit.
  • jam-bo

Anyone tried them? After some new bulbs for my car and some of these look quite interesting.

I prefer led light on the bike, any reason why not to use in the car?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I think they’re widely known for being utter crap. Tenner off eBay vs £XXX(X)? option on some new cars…

jimjam
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

any reason why not to use in the car?

I think it’s to do with the reflectors not being designed for them. So they end up looking like shit and dazzling everyone.

hot_fiat

Guaranteed MOT failure / wretched annoyance to other drivers as they don’t project a European beam pattern properly – fine in the US, but they have the most stupid headlights ever. Also almost certain to illuminate your dashboard with an array of bulb failure warnings as they don’t draw enough current. Avoid.

jeffl

They’re fine for side, brake and indicator light’s but for main beams the consensus seems to be HIDs. As others have said though can cause an awful beam pattern. I have them retro fitted to my car but have projector style lenses so seem to work ok.

hot_fiat

HID kits are even worse. Properly illegal and dangerous to oncoming traffic too – homologation in the EU specifies that the vehicle MUST be fitted with self-levelling headlights, shutter based main beam activation and headlight washers. Projector or refractor based headlights are simply not designed for a fuzzy ball of gas plasma as their illumination source.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘LED car lights – H1/H4 retrofit.’ is closed to new replies.