Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • LED Advertisement Hoardings.
  • milky1980
    Free Member

Riding home from work last night through Cardiff it struck me how many of these things there are now. Also how damn bright they are!!

There seems to be one on every bus stop plus one of the giant ones on most junctions too. The amount of light they chuck out is ridiculous. I had another cyclist about 100m in front of me and despite him being well lit with two rear lights, a helmet blinky and reflective jacket he just disappeared from view as he cycled in front of the bus stop ones. Cars were doing a bit of a disappearing act too for a split second.

Surely this cannot be safe? A big, moving picture distraction in the middle of a busy interchange that is so bright to drown out the street lights has got to be a safety issue surely? Anyone else notice these things taking over the place?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Getting a bit like Europe innit.

😆

globalti
    Free Member

I thought all LED hoardings were banned from anywhere they would distract drivers yet I see them next to motorways. This was what the trailers in fields thing was all about, wasn’t it?

milky1980
    Free Member

Just found this which has a direct response from someone in Cardiff City Council about how the signs should be set up.

Road Safety Knowledge Forum

They definitely don’t do the 2 second fade, are much brighter than he suggests and they do have moving images. Might have to get in contact with the council on this.

zilog6128

This was what the trailers in fields thing was all about, wasn’t it?

I assumed that was due to lack of planning permission for a permanent sign.

Drac

What ads?

slowoldman

Getting a bit like Europe innit.

Or Japan.
    Or Bladerunner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘LED Advertisement Hoardings.’ is closed to new replies.