Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Leccy Toothbrush are they worth it?
  • Cougar

You’re probably on to something there. I often find that my whole body is positively affected by good oral practices.

nickc

I can see professionals won’t want to advocate it as an alternative to flossing but for those of us too bone idle to floss, maybe it’s a good idea?

The idea that clinicians wouldn’t advocate a particular way of flossing is an odd one.

iain1775
    Free Member

Oral B 5000 Triumph here (as per earlier pic)
    I had been using one of the cheaper electric ones
    This one (after 2 years) was a revelation, it’s much more powerful and a different movement
    Yes battery is now just about gone but it lasts 3 uses between charges and its not an issue to charge it every other day
    2 years ago I had pretty bad gum’s was verging on loosing teeth, 2 years with the brush, hygiene appointments every 4 months at dentist and I now longer have a problem, and regularly get compliments on cleanliness of teeth (I occasionally floss but nowhere near as much as I was warned I should)
    It has been one of the best things ever bought
    Wife uses same brush, we just have our own heads, so there is no need to buy one expensive body each
    The other day I had forgot to take it away with me and had to buy a normal toothbrush from Asda, it felt so rubbish using it I felt I had to apply too much pressure, result, some (minor) bleeding from my gums, something I’d not had for 6-8 months with the electric one

andyl
    Free Member

Stumped up for a Sonicate Healthywhite 2 1/2 years ago. Has just died (6 months out of warranty) as water has got in through the top seal. Admittedly it has got in due to mould (I don’t take the head off and clean under it enough) so water has got in.

It stopped charging and then within a couple of days died.

Wondering what to buy next as £60 on a toothbrush every 2 1/2 years is a tad expensive but there are some good deals about and I did like the sonicare. Definitely lasted a lot better than the OHs Oral B battery which is probably nicad or metal hydride compared to the sonicares lithium. Was going to replace the battery and seal and see if I could fix it but they don’t sell any spares. Battery I can get but not the seal, am tempted to just stick some silicone sealant in there though.

As it happens Costco have the sonicare with the UV cleaner on offer for £60 this week (reduced to £90 on amazon) which is a pretty good deal so might just get one.

Pieface

Always make my teeth really sensitive.

Flossing more effective

Northwind

nickc – Member

The idea that clinicians wouldn’t advocate a particular way of flossing is an odd one.

Why? The verdict seems to be that it’s less effective.

backinireland
    Free Member

Few points, I’m a dentist btw.
    Definitely see an improvement in patients using electric brush.
    I use oral b have also used sonicare have found both to be good oral b replacement brush heads prob cheaper.
    Get dentist or hygienist to demo how to use it in your mouth, take it with you to next appt. Best brush in world no good if technique is poor. If your dentist won’t do this you need a new dentist.
    Flossing can cause a lot of damage if done incorrectly. Interproximal brushes such as tepe can be easier to use. Have seen some good results with the waterpik flosser. Again it would be best to ask your dentist or hygienist what they recommend for your teeth and make sure they demo in your mouth. Differently spaced teeth require different tools and techniques so best if they advise individually. For example I get a lot of patients to floss front teeth and use inter brushes on back teeth.

hot_fiat

are they not just a lot of landfill?

Not really, when they die, put on the charger & rotate 1/4 turn anti clockwise to release the base. Everything in there can then easily be separated and recycled.

cinnamon_girl

I went to the dentist today. I fell asleep whilst having treatment. 😳

Too frightened to ask whether I snored. 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Leccy Toothbrush are they worth it?’ is closed to new replies.