Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Leaving the UK for money – would you?
  • robbie
    Free Member

Is it just me that reads this and thinks that the op is needing to sort his life out here? It screams one thing to me
    MONEY DOSNT MAKE YOU HAPPY!
    Sort your self out make the most of what you have. Down size the rental house etc. Live within your means. I don’t have much. but I have a small mortgage on a small house. an old car. a couple of bikes but I’m happy I have no other dept apart from my mortgage
    If I can’t afford to buy it cash I dont simples. Running away for a few years isn’t going to make u happy

jambalaya
    Free Member

P-Jay good luck, you’ve thought this through and you and your family will make the right choice I am sure.

If you don’t melt in late August that will be a positive, I do wonder whether they did that on purpose

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Money might not make you happy. It makes life a **** load less stressful though. I’d rather be unhappy with money, than unhappy without it!

frankconway

If you believe you have some understanding of political/cultural/religious/racial considerations and are comfortable with them – or can tolerate – go for it.
    Based on what you have posted – if it were me, I would go.
    I wouldn’t post on a forum where random posters can comment as they see fit without helping you.
    Take your decision then just get on with your life.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

No advice on the middle East, but on a tale home of 3500, if that’s what it is at least, and £900 rent I can’t see why you couldn’t save 1500 a month if you’re careful. Two years of that would see a deposit of 36000, and a 200k house would be affordable without any stretching.

I’d not do the middle East thing personally, though leaving the UK wouldn’t be the issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Leaving the UK for money – would you?’ is closed to new replies.