Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • leaving ks1/2 teaching what career now?
  • Eyepic
    Free Member

Mrs Eyepic has had enough. Been a primary teacher for 20 years but now needs to leave ..anyone got experience or sensible ideas of what transferable skills could be used for pin new career?

gogg
    Free Member

Set up a day-care centre for kids whose parents work?

Have you seen the rates they charge??

mattsccm
    Free Member

If you find something let me know. Its 20 years for me in Sept. Supply for 13 of them as that’s much more fun but bored of that now.

wwaswas

Look at professional services to schools -a lot are having to buy in stuff that was previously provided by their County/lea plus avaliable and free schools have to as well.

If she has any skills with moderation, levelling etc might be worth looking at that?

If she wants to get away from schools then it may be more difficult if she wants to maintain her current salary.

roach

My missus is about to leave FE as she’s had a total titfull too, plus I’m driving myself slowly crazy stuck at a desk all day in IT!

aracer
    Free Member

My missus is about to leave FE as she’s had a total titfull too, plus I’m driving myself slowly crazy stuck at a desk all day in IT!

Solution seems obvious. You go into teaching, she goes into IT. Everybody happy.

geologist
    Free Member

I’ve been an engineer for 18 years now. I hate it with a passion. I’m currently doing personal training quals. I have a plan to set up kids fitness classes. It may fail, and If it is a success the pay will be crap. But I have to try, I’ll be 40 this year. It’s now or never! I wish I’d have gone for it 7 years ago when I first wanted too! But family life, mortgages etc got in the way, in fact they still are!

footflaps

I’ve been an engineer for 18 years now. I hate it with a passion. I’m currently doing personal training quals. I have a plan to set up kids fitness classes. It may fail, and If it is a success the pay will be crap. But I have to try, I’ll be 40 this year. It’s now or never! I wish I’d have gone for it 7 years ago when I first wanted too! But family life, mortgages etc got in the way, in fact they still are!

Gym near me does a line in this. They target schools / sports clubs and offer strength and conditioning programs to young kids. Seem to be very busy:

http://core-cambridge.com/youth-physical-development.html

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘leaving ks1/2 teaching what career now?’ is closed to new replies.