Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Leaving an ISP
  • Offroading
    Free Member

Evenin,

So my BT infinity gets switched on tomorrow, at long last.

For 5 years i have had an antena based system (previsouly way to far from an exchange until recently) which has been poor to say the least, constantly cutting out, slow, down for weeks at a time.

Emailed my ISP to tell them im leaving, didn’t even get a why or sorry just a cheeky response saying i have to give 30 days notice and they will collect the money end of september.

The direct debit leaves my account the 1st of every month for the service, August is paid so im going to pay them £25 for September when it’s not used.

NOW, i know £25 isn’t a lot of money, and i know the contract says 30 days but can i get away with just cancelling my direct debit ? Earlier in the year the service was down for 2 weeks (ISP’s fault) yet i got no refund. It’s not the money, just the principle…..

druidh
    Free Member

The principle is that you agree a contract and then abide by it.

Offroading
    Free Member

Going by that ideal the principle of them providing a service has been broken.

druidh
    Free Member

What did it say in the contract about service interruptions?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Same as the ISP MUST abide by the contract by providing the service paid for.

OP – I wouldn’t go down the ‘service not supplied’ route unless you complained at the time and they did nothing about it.

You can’t just up-root previous issues to suit.

For £25 though I doubt they would pursue. Thing is they might and the shittiest thing is that it may affect your credit rating.

Whether that’s worth the risk for £25 is up to you.

Offroading
    Free Member

13. You remain liable to pay all charges when you are unable to access the Service unless the reason you are unable to

access the Service is wholly attributable to our negligence or wilful default or omission.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Leaving an ISP’ is closed to new replies.