Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • leaving a car overnight at Ribblehead or Dent station?
  • ton

anyone know if you are allowed?

ElShalimo

Phone Ribblehead pub and ask if you can leave it there

You can park on the road in Horton near the campsite past the cafe. Safe enough, I reckon

globalti
    Free Member

Yes, don’t worry. People do this kind of thing a lot in the country.

martinhutch

Ribblehead – really can’t see a problem with this, unless it’s a camper van. In any case, you can just leave it in the parking places down from the Station Inn where the junction is.

Dent – less space to park, IIRC, so might be slightly more problematic. Still can’t see it being a major issue.

You driving out, touring then getting a train back? Not too many trains on a Sunday into RH or Dent so be careful!

ton

driving out, touring for 2 days, the ride back to car. I will leave it at the junction. car is a pile of crap anyhow, would do us a favour if it got lifted……. 😉

martinhutch

So no train involved? Loads of good spots around. Leaving a note in the windscreen may prevent a callout, but I’m not sure anyone gives a hoot anyhow.

FWIW I’d go from Horton. You could park up in the little gravel layby-track at the end of the village or on the road by the campsite for a couple of nights no bother. Plus brekkie in the cafe prior to departure. 😀

kcal

not so much lifted then, but if pile of crap might be easiest to leave unlocked. Just a thought.

pennine
    Free Member

Try Gunnerfleet Farm 01524 242366. Offer a tenner if they’ll let you safely park your car near their holiday let. It’s the farm after passing under the viaduct.

Another option is parking close to Gearstones Lodge about a mile further north

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘leaving a car overnight at Ribblehead or Dent station?’ is closed to new replies.