Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Leatherhead – Restaurants
  • jeffl

I’m down in Leatherhead for a three nights with work next week. Any recommendations for somewhere good to eat mid-week?

Also any decent pubs?

alfabus
    Free Member

The italian on the high street is surprisingly good (vecchia trattoria), particularly at lunch time when they do a £5 menu.

All the pubs in lhd are shite; you need to go out of town for the decent (expensive) pubs. Cobham and Stoke d’Abernon have quite a few.

Dave (used to work there, but have now escaped!!)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The Vecchia is rubbish except for the pizzas which are very good. Try the Piazza Firenze instead.

The best Indian restaurant is the “Five Rivers” in North Street on the way to the bridge.

The best pub is The Running Horses just before the bridge. Tiny saloon bar but some decent beers – mostly Shepherd Neame with one guest beer.

Wetherspoons at the top of the High Street is a dump, but does carry some good beers.

nuke

Head out to Frascati’s restaurant for some authentic Italian food 😯

freeridenick
    Free Member

nuke 😆

slowuphill
    Free Member

+1 for the Piazza Firenze for Italian. Five Rivers is the best Curry. Penny Black and Running Horses are best of a bad bunch for pubs. I heard mixed reports on the Thai opposite the Piazza Firenze..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

If you like Chinese food, I’ve never tried it, but the menu looks good at the “Zen Garden” over the bridge just outside Fetcham…

tonyg2003

The Five Rivers is our favourite local curry house and Prezzo our favourite Italian.

3 nights and you will have exhuasted Leatherheads supply of good resturants.

Edit – the Zen garden is very poor.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

3 nights and you will have exhuasted Leatherheads supply of good resturants

But not the menus… 😉

Prezzo’s a bit glass’n’chrome vibe for me, but they DO do a fine Calzone, I’ll give them that.

slowuphill
    Free Member

Zen Garden- very average

jeffl

Thanks for the info all. Great stuff 🙂

Rockape63
    Free Member

+1 for Prezzo,
    The bluebird cafe is very popular
    Dorking has loads of foodie places, 10 mins away and Sang Thai or Chifan (Chinese) the pick of the bunch.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Leatherhead – Restaurants’ is closed to new replies.