• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Moses.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Leather soled shoes.
  • zippykona

I get really hot feet in the summer and struggle to get comfy shoes.
    I always wear wool socks which coupled with my recent Geox purchase I hoped was going to be my solution.
    Nope.
    My thoughts have shifted to needing natural soles as well as uppers. Before I waste a lot of money again would you say they are cooler than synthetic soles?

Murray

No cooler and slippery when wet

ski
    Free Member

Have you tried good quality merion wool socks?

curvature
    Free Member

I always think you can tell a lot about a persons shoes.

Leather soles for formal wear are compulsory in my opinion, anything less will not do! I do have casual shoes with manmade soles but anything slightly smart even to wear with jeans must have leather soles.

If you have hot feet get thinner socks. Have you tried any with a silk mix?

nedrapier

There are 3 key attributes of a high-functioning shoe sole material.

It should be

a) waterproof
    b) grippy
    c) long lasting

Leather soles fulfill none of these requirements. Absolutely bonkers that I keep buying them.

lunge

Ca you just take your shoes off? I generally wander around the office in just my socks in the summer.

curvature
    Free Member

Lunge – I’m just like you but then it’s my company.

Saying that I used to do the same as an employee.

pedropete

Go commando & stop wearing socks

zippykona

Pedro, that’s the beard talking!

pedropete

The dude abides 8)

BigDummy
    Free Member

I work in Hong Kong. It is oppressively hot. A significant number of people here wear loafers sans socks with business attire.

I blame the French. 😉

Edric64
    Free Member

Jeans and leather soled shoes ? oh God! and a jumper preppy style round your shoulders I presume ?

BigDummy
    Free Member
    zippykona

Giving these a go. Leather with lots of holes. No leather soles.

lunge

Those are not shoes, they’re trainers. These are shoes, buy some, even if they don’t help you’re feet you will be the owner of a fine pair of shoes.

zippykona

True, Lunge , they are a fine pair of shoes and would serve me well but with shorts?

Moses

What you need is something which no-one seems to manufacture these days: an orginal brogue with the holes punched all the way through for coolth & breathability, like they used to be 300 years ago. The holes were originally to ensure that water drained out of the shoes once it had got in, as well as for decoration.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Leather soled shoes.’ is closed to new replies.