Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Leather sofa faded, has anybody had theirs painted?
  • ac505
    Free Member

Our leather sofa is starting to look pretty faded from being in the sunlight. I’ve used some leather wax in the past which has had some pretty good results as the leather was pretty dry and this helped improve the faded look. However we have now reached the point that we need to consider something different. I know having car seats repainted can give some pretty good results, but not sure whether to have the sofas painted or just have them recovered, the latter being an expensive option and with two young kids, may give rather short lived results. Anybody with experience of having their sofa painted professionally?

brant
    Free Member

painted?

Jase
    Free Member

Give Bob Jacksons a call, I’d imagine it will be a similar price to a tandem depending what no. seater the sofa is.

zbonty

It can be done. Tartan paint works best apparently.

tomhoward

I’d powdercoat personally, or if I could find someone to anodise it….

Sell it for 5 times what you bought it for as it’s now vintage!

ac505
    Free Member

Hmm, too much spare time on your hands? Looking forward to some more, dare I say it, intelligent answers. 🙂

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Harris tweed patches. It’s the future

Candodavid
    Free Member

Tried this on faded arms to improve the look prior to selling, it worked but i’d leave it faded next time.

sugdenr
    Free Member

You just strip off the old surface with a solvent then recoat with new stuff. Car seats can be colour changed this way and when leather cracks it is the surface treatment that has dried so the leather can be completely rejuvenated

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Leather sofa faded, has anybody had theirs painted?’ is closed to new replies.