Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Leather interior in car
  • nealglover
    Free Member

I used baby wipes to clean the leather.

Do your seats a favour and get a packet of leather cleaning wipes instead.

Over time baby wipes will disintegrate the top coat protection on the pigmented leather and it will start to look crap.

tenfoot

Black leather seats in my 3 year old Golf (53,000 miles). They still look good (no sagging) and make the interior smell nice, even after all this time. My front seats are heated, which helps in the winter, as leather can feel a little cold.

endurogangster
    Free Member

It’s not a proper car without a couple of cows in it! Only downside is driving in the buff on hot days, skidmarks are easier to wipe up though!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

My poor car gets in a right state as I use it for work, drive across site, get a bit muddy, get in car, drive, do more work etc.

The inside has been quite muddy to be fair, a quick wipe sorts the seats out, the carpet is protected by mats if necessary,

I wouldn’t have a car without leather for this very reason.

A previous car had cloth, I bought a wet / dry Vax especially to clean it. But what a pain that was every few weeks.

Have to say, I’d never had heated seats before but I love them now and that’s also a car requirement from now on too.

JulianA
    Free Member

10 year old Audi Cabrio – leather seats are still lovely. I clean them with AutoGlym leather seat stuff – seems to keep them nice. Would definitely have leather seats again.

rascal
    Free Member

Seems to be a lot of love for leather…which I’m very happy about 😀

mindmap3
    Free Member

Another vote for leather here too….it’s just peasy to keep clean. I use Gliptone. It’s the best stuff that bike found.

If your putting stuff in the car like mucky bikes, it’s much easier to clean. Not all leather is equal though. VAG leather can be a bit squiffy (prince to sagging and not the best quality) moden BMW leather is pants too; really hard and cheap feeling. The upgraded leather is nice though.

somafunk

28yr old leather seats in my golf and still like new, they do need cleaned and nourished/oiled every so often but still very comfortable and supportive – I’ve seen cloth seats of that era and they are very shabby and tired looking.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Leather interior in car’ is closed to new replies.