Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Learning to Ski – what an excellent sport
  • jjb117
    Free Member

Just wanted to share my new found sport, why it took me so long I will never know.

I have just had some excellent lessons at my local dry ski slope, not the same as snow as I have been told.

Prior to having my lessons I did some groundwork looking for some u tube video’s which seemed to be aimed at the more experienced skier not beginners, video’s and books which seemed to be expensive.

Using my Amazon kindle app on my I-phone I found an e book called Help2Ski for £2.90 bargain I thought and not a lot to lose if I didn’t get what it was saying.

It was great in plain English by an author who certainly has had some success in teaching people to ski which is supported through his book. Made fun reading as a little humour was set in to the writing.

The first part about boots as crucial, i turned up for my lesson and was asked my shoe size and just given a pair of boots to put on, within seconds of putting these boots on my toes started to get pins and needles not nice, then remembering what the book said I asked for the next size up and then had to go up to the next size to find the near perfect pair. When coming back in heard some people moaning about their boots so explained to them what the book said and how to ensure you have the right boots.

Fantastic!!

docrobster
    Free Member

just wait till you try it on snow!

philconsequence
    Free Member

spam???

mods, mods! i need an adult!

ourmaninthenorth

Skiing is a bourgeois sport for bourgeois w***ers.

And people who plug their own ebooks about it are shallow bourgeois w***ers.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Piste off.

wwaswas

Fantastic!!

Spamtastic!!

theotherjonv

that is one of the better ones……

Crell
    Free Member

spam???

If you like spam, you can thank them directly on the kindle download page with a “review”.

docrobster
    Free Member

Skiing isn’t really a sport now is it really, not for borgeois w***kers like me. It’s just a nice holiday really.
    Thanks for the feedback though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Learning to Ski – what an excellent sport’ is closed to new replies.