Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Learning to play the guitar. NSFW
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Yeah it’s probably been done before but 😆

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vms_6_TSQuc[/video]

amplebrew

Reminded me of the Father Ted and Dougal trying to write ‘My Lovely Horse.’ 😆

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Wrighty, so that’s what you do in the site shed all day.

stevied
    Free Member

[scouse on] Calm down, calm down [scouse off]

That is brilliant, genuine lols 😆

wrightyson
    Free Member

Twinwall I’m after some flue advice. Fancy offering any?

Stoner
    Free Member

Wrighty, so that’s what you do in the site shed all day.

I bet he has a mug that says “BOSS” on it too.

wrightyson
    Free Member

You two on a mission to upset Wrighty of late? I’ll have you know I’ve been very busy today!

cyclomonkey
    Free Member

i have the same reaction when i see this

woffle
    Free Member

Guitar playing video you say? Just for the complete contrast to the above you understand…

[video]http://youtu.be/d2RZXeQc5HU[/video]

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

My word!!!

I bet she’s a very popular young lady!

…..anyway, practice makes perfect
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-xUwDARVb4[/video]

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Guitar playing video you say? Just for the complete contrast to the above you understand…

Thanks woffle.. I didnt notice the guitar playing.. just mesmerised by the bongos.

Northwind

STW members off to practice their strumming

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Flue advise, like a consultancy type thingy; yes mate no probs, i’m working this wkend so don’t expect a prompt reply.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Nice one. I’ll post in here as you don’t seem to have an email ad attached to your profile.
    Doing a big renovation on a school and school house.
    School house has an existing capped off chimney. Want to put a log burner in. Scaffold is up for reroof so want to do associated works now.
    What do I need? Thinking 150 twinwall of the highest grade, top plate kit which is plate cowl etc then at the bottom just want to terminate the flue for now. Can I place a board in the fireplace opening bring the flue through a cut out then backfill the entire original chimney with vermiculite/cement mix?

iolo
    Free Member

OP,
    That guy obviously has Metal Health issues.
    Why is that funny?
    To overtone others thinking it was a funny vid, get a life and I hope you never get the same issues as that poor guy.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

OP,
    That guy obviously has Metal Health issues.
    Why is that funny?
    To overtone others thinking it was a funny vid, get a life and I hope you never get the same issues as that poor guy.

A short fuse mixed with deep frustration? Hardly mental health issues.

iolo
    Free Member

Whatever you say. Laugh away at the crazy old man. You’re so cool.
    Edit: you think hitting his fingers was normal behaviour?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sorry I’m not trained in “mental health” I thought it was funny.
    Could he advise me on the flue question? 🙄

iolo
    Free Member

Laughing at the expense of the weak. Really classy.

Edukator
    Free Member

Staged. He kicked an already broken guitar but didn’t put a scratch on the one he was holding (which looks like a Martin).

iolo
    Free Member

That’s fine then.
    Let’s take the piss out of mad people but if we stage it it’s totally acceptable to laugh.

CountZero

That’s fine then.
    Let’s take the piss out of mad people but if we stage it it’s totally acceptable to laugh.

I would hazard a guess that staging it in order to get a laugh is rather the point.
    See pretty much any comedy sketch from Morcambe & Wise, The Young Ones, Monty Python…

iolo
    Free Member

I know,
    Let’s take the piss out of Ebola sufferers, cancer victims, homosexuals, coloured people blah blah blah
    All hilarious.
    What the hell is wrong with the world today when people see the video by the OP of a guy who’s either mentally ill or a bloody good actor and find it funny?

zippykona

I’m exactly the same trying to use a computer.

scotroutes

It’s called comedy.

iolo
    Free Member

I’ll repeat myself again. Laughing at a guy who appears to have mental health problems?
    Comedy genius.

rene59
    Free Member

Let’s take the piss out of Ebola sufferers, cancer victims, homosexuals, coloured people blah blah blah
    All hilarious.

I would laugh at anything involving any of the above or people pretending to have mental health problems no bother. As long as it was funny enough I’d laugh at anything.

tinybits
    Free Member

I’m outraged!!!

Not too sure what at, just a general feeling of anger at the world. Goddamit, you’re all arseholes!!

racefaceec90

i’ve seen the clip before and i’m afraid i laughed 😳 (i do suffer with mental health problems/anger issues like the gentleman in the video).

iolo
    Free Member

So do I. Very similar. It wasn’t a guitar I smashed . It was a 3 week old MacBook pro.
    I got a nice holiday care of the NHS (again).
    I self harm, have severe anger management issues and various other fun bits including Bipolar disorder.
    I didn’t find that video in the least bit funny.

racefaceec90

the reason i laughed at the video,was because i am also a frustrated guitarist,and can totally relate to the guy in the video (have actually chucked a guitar out of a 2nd story window once out of frustration/am not proud of that).

i also have severe anger issues,but am hoping i can get some help for them (i do resort to having tantrums like a 5 year old sometimes/am not proud of this either 😳

i wish you all the best iolo in feeling better. i just need to try and get some help for my own demons also (have started to again though by seeing someone recently).

Edukator
    Free Member

I have smashed a guitar out of frustration at not being able to play it – because I was always working and never had time. I didn’t really like it because the action was too high and the neck shape not to taste. Guitars I like survive even really bad days.

Edit: so I know how a tightly strung acoustic sounds when smashed and it’s nothing like the noise in that video.

And another edit. Taking one’s frustration out on an inanimate object rather than other people demonstrates you’re still in control. The guy in that video carried on filming (further proof it was staged). I wouldn’t stay in the same room as someone properly dangerous especially if they were trying to play a Telecaster (a reference to Keith Richadrs using his for crowd control).

scotroutes

Don’t laugh

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv0onXhyLlE[/video]

ourmaninthenorth

In my youth I tried the following:

Piano
    Clarinet
    Guitar
    Bass guitar

At every single one, I had similarly frustrated reactions (stopping short of breaking anything). I walked away from trying to learn an instrument – I came to accept it wasn’t going to be, much as I love music and would dearly love to be able to fumble my way through any song.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

iolo. Just because you have mental health issues doesn’t mean you are always right in seeing them in others. Some cantankerous old gits are just cantankerous. Perhaps stop demonstrating your anger issues to people here?

Just because you don’t find it funny doesn’t mean others can’t. I find it painful, and embarrassing, but none of us have a right not to be offended.

iolo
    Free Member

You really believe he’s just cantankerous?

Perhaps stop demonstrating your anger issues to people here?

Not once have I shown my issues here. I’m merely expressing my distaste.
    Thanks for your advice though.

Just because you don’t find it funny doesn’t mean others can’t. I find it painful, and embarrassing, but none of us have a right not to be offended.

Go on, laugh away at the OP’s video. Don’t worry , it’s fine. Mental health problems are there to be laughed at. It’s totally acceptable to find severe illness hilarious.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I didn’t find it funny mainly because I just don’t find people that angry funny.
    That said you can’t really place mental illness on a special pedestal of things not to be laughed at. The majority of comedy is based on laughing at the misfortune of others.
    Nicked straight from wikipedia –
    “Aristotle defined comedy as an imitation of men worse than the average; worse, however, not as regards any and every sort of fault, but only as regards one particular kind, the Ridiculous, which is a species of the Ugly. The Ridiculous may be defined as a mistake or deformity not productive of pain or harm to others; the mask, for instance, that excites laughter, is something ugly and distorted without causing pain”

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

I don’t find it funny.

But I also don’t like you, Iolo, deciding without nothing more than a video clip, that he has mental health issues, and then deciding to angrily tear other people a new one because of your perception of what is wrong with him.

iolo
    Free Member

Nice.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Saw that for the first time on Friday. I laughed my head off. I’ve had similar frustrations with the guitar before.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Learning to play the guitar. NSFW’ is closed to new replies.