Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Learning to play guitar using Youtube
  • Muke
    Free Member

So I have been checking out JustinGuitar, Andy Crowley, Martyzsongs and Laura Cox for inspiration.
    Any others to consider ?

Is it best to find one teacher that works for me and stick to them or mix n match ?

seosamh77
    Free Member

Do as you please to be honest, most important thing is practice, practice, practice. It’s all about building up muscle memory in your fingers(at a base level).

Muke
    Free Member

Thanks, I’m currently in the “my fingers are too big phase” 😀

uponthedowns
    Free Member

What kind of music do you want to play? Acoustic, electric, rock, jazz, blues, country, folk? What are your goals? Do you just want to be able to bash out the chords to Wonderwall or do you want play well?

Best to find a tutor that teaches the type of music you want to play and stick with them. Problem is that many teachers just give sample lessons on youtube so you’ll never get a whole course. You could also try buying a course of lessons from a company like Trufire who have lots of good stuff in all styles for not too much cash.

However at the end of the day if you want to be a good player then you have to commit to practising at least an hour every day. If you can’t do that you’ll never be any good.

Edukator
    Free Member

Any concert performance where you can see what the guitarist is doing. It also means the guitars aren’t too layered and there are only the guitars you can see so you’re not trying to play three guitar parts at once. The artists also simplify things so they can play and sing.

Do you just want to be able to bash out the chords to Wonderwall or do you want play well?

Noel’s rhythm playing is excellent, if you can bash out the chords with the original strumming pattern you’re doing pretty well.

Muke
    Free Member

We have Electric, Bass and Electro acoustic guitars in the house as my son can play a little bit. I have been using the EA to have a dabble on and just thought it would be cool to be able to knock out a few chords, I have no intention of becoming the next big thing.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

In that case Justinguitar is probably the best. Marty is good but he tends to jump around and doesn’t go into any depth on any particular thing.

If you want to learn a particular song then search for it on youtube and pick who you think has the best version or the best tutorial.

biglee1

Good luck

you think you’ll be like this
    https://youtu.be/bRfc_Y_AsLo

but in reality like this 😀

tillydog
    Free Member

Is it best to find one teacher that works for me and stick to them or mix n match ?

Best is to get a real-life teacher (who works for you… etc.)

If you want to do it through the internet, then Justin Sandercoe is (IMHO)the best out there by a country mile (if he works for you…). He has a complete, structured course which is very, very well put together (…and freely available to all). After the Beginner’s Course, you can take it which ever way you want with other courses at intermediate level (again, freely available).

Start here

Marty has some good lessons, but nothing to compete with Justin’s structured course.

You *will* have to stick with it, whatever you choose – there aren’t any shortcuts.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Learning to play guitar using Youtube’ is closed to new replies.