Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Learning how to jump!
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

HTF do i do it? I am 31 ffs and was sacred of a 2ft jump today and bottled it! Put a 2 ft drop in its place and i am ok. To be honest i have no idea how to jump, what do i do? mince for ever or can i be helped??

simonralli2
    Free Member
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Get someone to teach you – its the only way I managed to do it. I learnt at 45

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrNutt
    Free Member

agh! ralli beat me to it!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m 28. I can jump a kiteboard. I can drop 5ft+ on a bike without requiring more than one run up to check the exit line is OK, but I cant get more than 6″ of air without losing control of my bowels lol.

I know the techniques, I can do it at 5mph fairly confidently, but any more than that and I tend to screw it up in the launch, fly through the air paralysed with fear and crash out. Never managing to nail anything means its a self-reinforcing fear. Ive watched all the videos, I’ve been out with people who can jump, I’ve spent hour and hours practicing on small jumps, but if it requires going up before going down I just cant do it. Im also peed off, know that you’re not alone!

GW
    Free Member

TJ – talking out your arse again! (and it’s still light out) – no one taught your teacher 😉

charlierevell
    Free Member

Try lots of table tops with well built take offs / landings then start to dig the middles out!
    Find someone ‘hard’ to scare you into it or stand either side of the jumps so you cant bottle…. got me from being crap to being able to clear a 6 pack, 18ft doubles, 25ft gap etc..

jam-bo

was that taft?

charlierevell
    Free Member

Nah Rich W…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Learning how to jump!’ is closed to new replies.