Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Learner driver insurance query
  • piemann
    Free Member

Is it a better idea to get my own learner insurance policy or to have my wife add me on to her policy as a learner?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Depends entirely on cost. But it’s probably cheaper if you are added to her policy.

br
    Free Member

I’d wait until you pass the test, that way the money saved should cover the cost of lessons.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

When I was a leanerer the cost of insurance was exactly the same before and after the test (as either a named driver or the main driver), the only caveat was that the responsible adult in the car had to be a named driver (or the main driver).

peterfile
    Free Member

I found that the cost was MUCH higher after I’d passed my test.

Being on a policy as a learner is reasonably priced because you will always be accompanied by someone more experienced. As soon as you pass your test you are more of a risk to insurers because you’ll be out on your own.

matttromans
    Free Member

My little sis got a very good deal through the AA 0r RAC I think….It was basically an add on/supplement insurance to my Dad’s policy. Can’t remember the exact details, but it seemed pretty good.

chewkw
    Free Member

I bought a Toyota Corolla 1.6 auto with learner’s driving license (I have foreign driving license btw) and my 1st year insurance was £1,500 then this year it dropped to £1,000.

So anything you get less than mine will be cheap …

Yes, my foreign driving license entitles me to run people over legitimately … bloody insurance company.

piemann
    Free Member

£15.50 to add me on as a learner.

Bargain!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Learner driver insurance query’ is closed to new replies.