Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Leaky Rubber Queens
  • sunnrider
    Free Member

I just put a pair of 2.2 UST Conti rubber queens on my XT rims.
    They inflate fine with a track pump but soon go flat despite being seated.
    The air is leaking through pinhole leaks in the sidewalls.

I didn´t have much sealant to hand so it´s not really helping, will they be ok if I chuck in a bottle or so tomorrow?
    Is it normal for these tires to leak like that?
    My HR´s were fine on the same rims and held pressure (with sealant).

dpiddy
    Free Member

I’ve just put some raceking 2 tubeless ready on mine, front was fine, rear looked like it had been shot with a 12 bore. Put a small amount of Stan3’s in and it was still going down in 24 hours. Risked a ride on it this Saturday and the agitation obviously worked as its been solid since.

I don’t think Continental production quality is what it should be as I heard of others with the same issue, the fluid seems to work eventually though.

timmys

UST’s shouldn’t have porous side walls. Something’s up there, sounds as though they are faulty.

UST tyres shouldn’t require any sealant in at all to be air tight, in fact that’s how my UST Conti Race Kings came with my bike (on XT rims).

I now run exactly your combo (2.2 UST RQ + XT) and have never seen any leakage from the side walls.

simonlovesrocks
    Free Member

Iv had the same issue with non ust rubber queens but thats what you expect if its not ust. Sealed up first ride out on it.

sunnrider
    Free Member

I was thinking the same. These should be able to run without any sealant (at least til the first thorn hits em).

I think I´ll fire off an email to Continental and see what they think.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

never had a problem with UST RQs myself – sounds like they need to go back to the shop

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Are you sure they are the UST versions? I’ve got RQ 2.2’s and the sidewalls are pretty solid.

bigrich

I have totally different tyres on utterly different rims and they are fine. Hope this helps.

messiah
    Free Member

As above – My UST BC RQ’s have pretty solid feeling sidewalls which didn’t need much if any sealant; wheras the non UST’s are toilet tissue sidewalls and hence need a fair whack of sealant.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Definitely the UST ones. Has “Tubeless” in white letters on both tires.
    Going to stick a bottle of goop in them now and see if they hold up.

sunnrider
    Free Member

OK, they held up fine today for a 7 hour ride through dust/rock/sand/stone and mud. I stuck in a half bottle of Slime in both.

The front tire has lost a small amount of pressure but barely noticeable.

Performance wise I´m well impressed, they´re a lot grippier than the UST High Rollers I had before. So much so that I´ve had to back off on the braking since they´ll lock down fast whereas I found the HR´s would slide before biting in.

(No reply email from Conti yet.)

boxxer7
    Free Member

No problems with my 2.4 BC USTs leaking however, They have distorted an unbeliveable amount after a couple of heavy landings and burping the tyres on corners. One has got to the point that it only just gos through my forks without rubbing not impressed at all! That said the Black chilli compound is fantastic!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Leaky Rubber Queens’ is closed to new replies.